Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

EK Logictrol 5 Information needed

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

EK Logictrol 5 Information needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 01:23 AM
Frank Schwartz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EK Logictrol 5 Information needed

I have an old EK Logictrol 5 system that has been lying around in my shop for years. It is still on 27 mhz (nobody there any more!) and I want to get it going again...have the receiver and servos and all in good shape...except the transmitter is missing the battery pack, of course. I think, I may be wrong however, that it used a 12 volt button cell pack..or was it a 9.6 volt pack or what?
This is the radio with the red vynil case and the deluxe sticks like ProLine had. Seems a shame not to get it going again. So..if anyone knows for sure what battery pack was used, I would apprecaite it very much if they would let me know...
Old 07-20-2005, 06:53 AM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: EK Logictrol 5 Information needed

Frank, I have one of these systems and am using 8 nicads (9.6 volts) in the transmitter. Mine works great but I have no manual so I am not sure what came out originally. If you are going to fly yours as I do please check the nylon gear on the servo motors. They sometimes get loose and cause the servos to not work. A small drop of CA on the shaft fixed mine.

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old 07-20-2005, 08:46 AM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

You might try Eloy Marez in CA. He has a lot of old data and is very willing to share, great guy. I have a comple Logitrol in the original box in storage, but I am not sure of the data with it, probably only an operators manual.

Another option is the ACERC group on YAHOO. Bill Hook has a web site with more than ACE stuff.

If you want Eloy's email, PM me and I will send it back channel.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Frank Schwartz
My Feedback: (1)

Thank you, Bob and Dan...I will watch for the loose pinion gear...EK had a problem with them on the later Hobby Lobby and EK radios and the little motors... their solution was a pinion gear with a molded in "skirt" like a mini washer on the bottom of the pinion gear..that way it would not split. I may have a few of these lying in a tray somewhere...and I noticed that the servos in the old Logictrol 5 are five wire...this means there is a bias battery in the receiver pack...so if anyone can comment or give me the hookup there, I'd appreciate it. It has been many decades since I flew this system but I remember it was solid with nary a glitch...and I, also, have no instruction manual...
Regards and thanks to all..
Frank Schwartz W4KFK AMA123 79+ years young
in Hendersonville, TN
Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Chandu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Frank, I'm just getting back into the world of radio controlled planes/boats. I also own an EK Logictrol transmitter, servo's, receiver, etc. etc. Mine is also red in color. I believe the covering on the transmitter is not smooth more like a metal clad or vinyl finish. Anyway, I would also like to put this back into action in our sailboats but, of course, the batteries are gone and I believe the frequency is in the 27 mhz range. It is packed away in a box at this moment but is it possible to get this transmitter up and running again. I know it is at least 4 channel - but maybe 5 channel. Do you know of any company that still remembers this radio and if so, do they have parts for it to get it back in shape. Since the economic situation is what it is, bringing out my old RC "stuff" will fill the bill as far as fun-type activities are concerned during the winter in Florida. My wife and I both built and flew RC planes in Jackman, Maine (where?) in the late 70's and early 80's. However, our "real" 43' motorsailor (that we lived on for several years) got us into rc sailing and we purchased 2 36" molded injected foam sailboats and that is what we intend to put back into action if we can get our transmitters working again. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated. Cliff Chandler (Chandu)
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone can, http://www.radiosouthrc.com/ can!

Robert
Old 01-18-2009, 06:35 PM
tlrascal
My Feedback: (56)

You have the system where the electronics for the servos is in the receiver. The Log II was the one with the "bias battery". The transmitter battery is 9.6V.