Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Orbit single stick radios

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Orbit single stick radios

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 PM
ggeezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orbit single stick radios

This may be of interest to folks who collect Orbit radios.
A seller on Ebay has a collection of equipment for sale and in the lot there are two Orbit single stick digitals. The early one is probably the most interesting. It looks like a 7-14 with the large PS-1 servos.
The transmitter case looks exactly like the Orbit 4 ch. analog (Space Control) but I'm pretty sure it is an early digital. This must have been one of the first sets they sold. Check out Item number 180420809690
There is also an Ace single channel pulse system with a magnetic actuator.

Orv.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 PM
gittarpikk

Default RE: Orbit single stick radios

LOL... I have everything that is in the Ace pulse picture as well as the Testors picture but the orbit tranny I have is not a single stick :-(
Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The servos with the older open stick radio are PS-2, the one with the newer Orbit are PS-4.
PS-2 servos were available in both analog and digital form, while the PS-1 servos were only analog. On the lower right of the front plate is "4-8 D Proportional", so it does look to be an early 4 channel digital Orbit.

At one time the Orbit PS-2 was THE servo mechanics, with Orbit, Micro-Avonics, EK, Kraft all using it as well as a bunch of smaller companies. Even Sterling used it in their command master.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 AM
ggeezer

HighPlains,
You are correct (my mistake) in that the older servos are PS-2s. I did not realize that they were available in both analog and digital. Did Orbit label the cube shaped servos that were similar to the Space Control units, PS-1?
So, what is your thoughts. Is the older set an Analog or is it a single stick 7-14?

Orv.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think that when the PS-2 servo came out, it was with the new digital systems. They then offered PS-2A servos for existing analog systems. The PS-1 servos were the cube shaped ones.

The radio in the auction appears to be a 4 channel system (it has the 4-8D on the lower right hand of the case of the transmitter).