Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Programming Polk Hobby Seeker 6 RX

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Programming Polk Hobby Seeker 6 RX

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Rehabber
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Polk Hobby Seeker 6 RX

I just purchased a used Polk's Hobby Seeker 6 72 MHz Rx. Can somone help me with programming it to my TX? I did not receive any instructions with it but did receive a plunger type switch with it.I will be programming it to a TX on channel 37. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Walt Thyng

Default RE: Programming Polk Hobby Seeker 6 RX

First off, you can get the info on the Polk site. It's a bit of a pain to find, but it's there. Here are the set up instrutions from the manaul.

1)connect the Seeker (II & 6) as shown ("plunger to "set" position, power to "Batt", at least one servo plugged into Ch 1)

2) Hold "set button" (plunger), turn on rx power (you need a switch in line or just plug the batt in after you push and hold the set button) Ch 1 servo will move back and forth in small amounts.

3) Turn on Tx with ant fully extended and within 20-30 inches of the Seeker 6 antenna. When servo stops moving you are now configured. The Seeker will keep the data even when the battery is removed.

To change frequency, repeat the procedure.

Nota Bene: anything in () is my comment.

I've been flying my Seeker II for over 10 years without a single problem.
Walt
Old 02-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Rehabber

Thanks for the help Walt. It works. Very well spent $20 at a swap shop on Sunday. Thanks again. Les Laming
Old 02-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Walt Thyng

glad I could help. right now Polk's is selling off their 72mz equipment and offering some really good deals on rxs if you're planning on staying with 72 for a while. I think the last time I looked you could get a Tracker III Tx for $99.00. I've been flying mine for over 10 years with only one small problem that Polk fixed for free (and quickly).
Walt
Old 02-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Rehabber

Thanks for the info.If I want to fly using elevons with the Seeker 6 is it best to use a Y harness on Channel 1. I have an electric Vortex flying wing by Pro Tech that I bought at the Toledo Weak Signals Expo last year that I plan to fly within the next few days.I have never had any real problems flying on 72MHz. In fact I like the longer antennas because they give me a feeling of security. I will check out Polk's ads. Thanks again Walt.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Walt Thyng

I need to know what kind of radio you have. You'd need some kind of mixing for elevons. A "Y" harness would give you either ailerons or elevators, but not both.

On my TIII there is an "elevon" mix built-in.
walt
Old 02-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Rehabber

I have a Futaba T7CAP TX. It has an elevon mix and I copied my program for a Russian Jet that Hobby Lobby sold some time ago and pluggged the elevator and aileron into channels 1 and 2 and it works fine. Both of these planes are pushers.
Do you fly during the Winter ,and what type of planes do you fly?
We're going to Perry GA on March 5 and 6 for the World's largest Swap Shop. It is held in 3 exhibit buildings at a county fair.If you haven't been there it is a real experience.Les
Old 02-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Walt Thyng

I fly all year. For winter flying off snow I fly a highly re-engineered Sig Astro Hog with a geared MaxCim on 12 A123s and home-made balsa over foam floats. I also have a Puddlemaster float plane which I updated with a HiMaxx BL motor and LiPos. Both are a ball to fly off snow. Photos are still in my camera.

We have three big swap meets in a month around here. Went to TriVillage Swap Sat. Picked up a $125.00 motor still in the box for $45.00 and 17 servos of mixed parentage for $35.00. I had to replace a couple of gear sets and one case top, but I had all that stuff on hand in dead servos. Yankees (even those expatriated to Illinois) NEVER throw anything away (-:
Walt