Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Halp!! old kyosho p-51d

Hi anyone.....

a friend of mine is trying to ressurect an old rc foam parkflyer. H e doesnt have the orig box anymore but we think it is a Kyosho brand p-51d electric park flyer, well, we know its electric, problem is that the gear reducer on the nose is stripped. I'd like to find him one to get this plane in the air but i can't find one on the net. The motor is marked as a Kyosho LeMans AP36 but there are no numbers on the reduction unit to track down. is this a lost cause or am I just not looking in the right pplaces? If i was closer to a big hobby store I'd try to retro-fit it with an outrunner like on my parkzone corsair. Any idea? the plane itself is in great shape for how old it is 20 or so yrs he says.... Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
    Bronco

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Halp!! old kyosho p-51d

Have you tried contacting your Kyosho distributor?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We live in a small town way up north. gotta drive 2 hrs to get to a hobby shop. On-line is the only way I can find most of the stuff I need. Kyosho website isn't really all that helpfull.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a gear assembly from and old Kyshyo Zero. It is a heavy assembly and swings about a 10 inch prop. I believe it also used the 36 motor. You are welcome to it if this is what you need. Happy to donate it to you.