Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

taper wing waco kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:21 AM
wallyb70
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default taper wing waco kit

hi guys, i have a bob dively kit of bob lyjacks 1929 taper wing waco, it has a 73 inch wing span and weighs 15 lbs.it has a spun aluminum cowl and aluminum struts. it is packed in paper from 1990. can someone tell me what it is worth, i might be willing to sell it. thanks, wally
Old 09-23-2010, 08:45 PM
flykw

Default RE: taper wing waco kit

Hay i have one framed up.I had a guy needed something to do .He pasted way before he finished it.I got the plane back.missing some wheel pants and small parts .the thing i need is the instruction manual..like to make me a [email protected]
Old 09-18-2012, 08:05 AM
vatorman94

Wally, I have a Dively Skybolt 1/4 scale that is finished with the exception of the fuel tank and fuel lines, which I could not install as per plans. Everything about the kit was first class but it is definitely a builders kit and it is built like an Abrams tank,weighs 22.5 lbs, 1850 sq. in wing. This sounds like a dumb question but is the taperwing you have an ATO or a CTO and what is the wing area. Thanks Jim
Old 09-18-2012, 08:59 AM
wallyb70
My Feedback: (8)

hey jim. i sold the waco a couple of years ago. wally
Old 01-05-2018, 08:37 AM
dannyvoyles

Hey Wally,

I have a similar kit I bought from a friend who inherited it from another friend and I paid him $50 for it but it is missing the third page of the plans and the instruction manual. I would pay to have a full size copy of the plans and a copy of the manual. If you want to sell the whole thing make me a price. It would really help if I knew the incidence of the wings. The plans say designed by Jos. Mienikewicz copyright 1987
Good luck with your WACO

Danny
Old 01-07-2018, 01:59 PM
vatorman94

Danny, The plans I have for a Waco Taperwing are from Model Builder Magazine. Not sure of date. Designed and draw by Larry Scott. One error in my plans is the center rib size is too short, or else all the other ribs are long. i lengthened the center ribs after cutting 20 of them wrong. My Waco Taperwing is a difficult build especially the Cabane and struts and the adjustable stab incidence. If I were to do it again I would not try to make it that scale. I would try to copy a Skybolt design or something similar for the cabane and struts and No adjustable Stab incidence. Wing incidences (decalage or incidence between the two wings on bipes) as you probably know is Important and open for discussion. I try for !/2-1 degree negative (leading edges closer together than trailing edges). There is some good info on that available on RCU or internet search, much better than I can explain it. Good luck with your build. Jim
Old 02-06-2021, 08:51 AM
Chopper

Default Bob Dively 1929 Waco Taperwing

I bought his kit from Bob Dively back in the day. I now have it back unfinished where I left it. Has anyone finished and flown this kit? How does it fly? Does anyone out there have any kit parts for sale?

Last edited by Chopper; 02-06-2021 at 08:58 AM. Reason: typo