RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/)
-   -   Polecat rc plane (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/11626357-polecat-rc-plane.html)

lightning rod 02-02-2016 06:14 PM

Polecat rc plane

Hoping someone can help me, Back in the late 70's early 80's my brother purchased his very first plane called the"Polecat" 3 channel plane if anyone has heard of this plane please let me know I'm attempting to scratch build one if could find out what the dimensions are☺Thank you in advance!

Joe Nagy 02-04-2016 07:17 PM

Hi lr,

Greetings from the ever warm Valley of the Sun.

I am a rabid kit collector, and have a very large collection of RC kits; among them I have 2 different ones called POLECATs: one is an Old Timey Free Flight short-kit from the 30s-40s, by Klarich. The other is probably the one you want, and is a sort of pod and boom fuse/straight high wing model by Bob Violet Models from the 70s, with about a 60" flat bottomed airfoil, sheet tail surfaces, the forward fuse is a pod shaped 4 sided ply box structure, and the boom to tail is formed from 4 sheet balsa strips. Cute little ship, for 10-15 motors or nowadays...electric. Both kits are packed away in storage lockers, so I am only recollecting by memory.

Also, I believe there was a pylon racer from the 70-80s called the Polecat....?...., maybe some of the other readers herewith may recall it better than me.

I hope this has been of help to you, the little Prather Polecat would be a great beginner RC, especially if converted to our modern electric power systems; will close, best regards from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.

lightning rod 02-04-2016 09:43 PM

Thank you for your response Joe, If I could make it worth your while financially could you possibly photo copy the plans

Joe Nagy 02-06-2016 11:40 AM

Hi again lr;

Sorry to keep you a'waiting, but I wanted to get over to my storage lockers.....[actually hidden caves in da Superstition Mountains nearby, and guarded by my fierce attack trained 3-headed Rotties, and similar Rattlers.....have to be careful myself sometimes]. ANyways, short story long; I located da Pole Cat Trainer, designed/kitted by Terry Prather of Prather Products, not by Bob Violet, and she is in mint condition, save for a few marks on the kit box.

I will tell you what: I can make for you a copy of da plans, or better yet, why don't you buy da kit, as I am willing to sell it to you; email me for details, [my email address below]. Doesn't get much better den dat, rite?

Will close for now, and await your return Private eMail, and go on from there, best regards from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy. email: [email protected]

lightning rod 02-06-2016 06:21 PM

Joe you have no idea how much this means to me! Thank you so much! How much do you want for it? ☺Thank you again☺

PlaneJames 02-10-2017 03:54 PM

Finished scratch building mine of the summer. How do I post a pic?

lightning rod 02-10-2017 04:25 PM

Congratulations! Wish I could help with posting a pic😯

Kan90 03-04-2018 02:08 PM

Copy of plans

Hi Lr,

The Prather Polecat was one of the first kits my father and I built together back in the early 80s.

Searching the web has led me to your thread.

Much like yourself, I have an interest in building another one and was wondering if there was any way I could obtain a copy of the plans from the kit you acquired?

Not sure if you ever built any other Prather aircraft products, but I can say that the Prather Panther was one of my all time favourite sport models!

Thanks in advance for your help.

PlaneJames 03-04-2018 02:35 PM

Plans or kit

I have a wedding coming up and am really busy. PM me with your contact info. Pretty sure I can help you out.

James

049flyer 03-09-2018 03:22 PM

Hello Gents!

It would be a very nice gesture if someone would post the plans to outerzone so others could enjoy Polecating!

Kan90 08-12-2018 06:00 PM

Still trying to find Prather Polecat

Hi,

Still trying to obtain a kit, plans, copy of plans or even a good quality picture of the plans for a Prather Polecat.

PlaneJames: Not sure if I am working the PM system incorrectly as I have tried sending a couple of messages with no replies.

Thanks.