RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/)
-   -   Miss Martha (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/2507421-miss-martha.html)

1/2alover 01-05-2005 11:51 PM

Miss Martha

Does anybody know where I can find a set of plans or maybe even a kit for the Miss Martha.It was pretty popular back in the 80's.A couple of guys in the club I was in had them.Thanks:D

roncoleman 01-07-2005 03:47 AM

RE: Miss Martha

I have a NIB kit I'll let you have for $70 plus shipping.

Ron

p51b 01-31-2005 11:46 AM

If you haven't bought the kit from Ron, send me an email. I have several sets of Martha plans from a master that was redrawn from kit plans. I may also be able to dredge up a copy of the building instructions from the kit. I have built over a dozen airplanes from these plans, and they all fly well. As you may have guessed, the Martha is one of my all time favorite sport airplanes, and I still have several of them flying. They were quite popular as fun fly airplanes in South Texas in the early 80's.

piper_chuck 01-31-2005 11:57 AM

Boy, does this bring back memories. I still remember watching this plane being developed.

toprudder 10-08-2005 11:16 PM

I have original, pre-kit plans and instructions.

Deadstik 10-09-2005 12:09 AM

Toprudder,

If you would, please send me an email at [email protected] and let me know how much you would want for a set of the plans and instructions. I need to build another fuselage... and have a wing in like new shape.

Thanks,

Dan Hines
Rougemont, NC

s. wallace 10-09-2005 07:27 AM

Yeah, this brings back memories...loved the Miss Martha. Seemed almost everyone in my club near Charlotte, NC had one in the late 80's. A buddy had one with a piped YS 45- what rocket. Mine with just an OS 46 was lots of fun.

This is another model that should be kitted again!

roncoleman 10-09-2005 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple of photos of one I built from plans two or three years ago. Mag. 53 in the photo but really moves with a MDS 58. Went to a set of U-Can-Do 3D gear for more prop clearance. Good flying plane. I still have the kit if anyone wants it.

pattern junky 10-16-2005 05:11 PM

Boy these posts really do bring back some good memories from the 80's. In reply to Lowrider, I was the one who flew the YS45 powered version of this aircraft. What a rocketship. I still build one occasionally and keep a few sets of plans in the shop. Let me know if you need a set. As I recall Bob Richards designed this plane and named it after his wife. So there you have a bit of history for what its worth. Regards to all, pattern junky.

cubfloater 10-21-2005 07:39 PM

roncoleman or Jerry, I'd love to get a kit if you have one or the plans Jerry.

Thanks,
Jimmy

roncoleman 10-22-2005 03:21 PM

Sorry Jimmy, Payment for the kit is on the way from Spinnerdown.

Ron

pattern junky 10-24-2005 03:08 PM

Jimmy, If you still want a set of Miss Martha plans, I live near Monroe and fly at the Po Boys field, so you can catch me there almost any weekend. Later, Jerry

p-40e 01-02-2006 05:27 PM

i'm getting back into the hobby after a few years absence, one of my favorite sport planes was the miss martha, if you still have any of those plans, let me know how much you would like for a set....Thanks Doug

Deadstik 01-02-2006 10:36 PM

Doug,

I'm sure if you send a PM or Email to toprudder (in this thread) that he can take care of the plans/instructions you need for the Miss Martha. He is the designer!!!.......I just got a set of plans from him.

Deadstik