RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/)
-   -   WACO YMF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/4058627-waco-ymf.html)

Nightstalker 02-23-2007 08:13 PM

RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Why woulld you say that this is not the place for this? I think that this virtual WACO is the neatest think that I have ever seen. Keep it coming.

NIGHTSTALKER!!!!!!!!!!!! You old reprobate, where have you been? (Hopefully building a shiny airplane):D:D:D:D:D

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

REPROBATE!!!!!! I'll be Damned ...:D Actually, I had to look that word up (Doggie mentality:eek:). And hey, I got morals and God loves me... got a beer in my hand to prove it.

Just glad being a Reprobate doesn't lead to hairy palms and blindness:) We're on our way out for dinner... Catch you guys later. Sorry for not posting for a while, but I didn't think my humour was too much appreciated anymore.

Doggie 47

khodges 02-23-2007 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Nightstalker

I didn't think my humour was too much appreciated anymore.

Doggie 47

Keep it aimed at the Master Chief, fire for effect:D:D

damifino 02-23-2007 09:19 PM

STICKBUILDER- Missed your calls and got home late tonight. Will ring you in the AM.

Stickbuilder 02-23-2007 09:24 PM

REPROBATE!!!!!! I'll be Damned ...:D Actually, I had to look that word up (Doggie mentality:eek:). And hey, I got morals and God loves me... got a beer in my hand to prove it.

Just glad being a Reprobate doesn't lead to hairy palms and blindness:) We're on our way out for dinner... Catch you guys later. Sorry for not posting for a while, but I didn't think my humour was too much appreciated anymore.

Doggie 47

Your Humor not apprecieted????? You don't have any....:D You are welcome here at all times, as is everyone else.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

Stickbuilder 02-23-2007 09:26 PM

Out carousing with Nightstalker and KHodges no doubt.....:D

Bill, AMa 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

Stickbuilder 02-23-2007 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: khodges

Keep it aimed at the Master Chief, fire for effect:D:D
Air Scouts and Doggie Soldiers Can't fire for effect. You guys have to bracket all your shots, and hope the third round falls into the CEP.:D Nice try though.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

khodges 02-23-2007 09:40 PM

I used to be pretty good with my 300 Win Mag, could put it in the black from over 500 yards. Now I'm lucky to hit a barn with a shotgun:D As long as I can see to build and fly.

skylarkmk1 02-24-2007 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hughes500E,

Hey Hughes, the orange WACO (NC 11427) that you posted as UBF-2 on page 20, I have seen elsewhere identifies as Lee Parson's 1931 Waco QCF-2 NC11427. Check out the National WACO Club http://www.nationalwacoclub.com/memb...20NC11427.html . In either case the Gulfhawk paint job is cool.

Nightstalker 02-24-2007 01:50 AM

ORIGINAL: khodges

I used to be pretty good with my 300 Win Mag, could put it in the black from over 500 yards. Now I'm lucky to hit a barn with a shotgun:D As long as I can see to build and fly.

You gotta try blowin' the roof off of a Barn in rural Tennessee in the weeee hours of the mornin' with a Mighty TF 160 Chinook... Mini Guns at the ready... fancy NVG's etc.... Nah... 12GA over/under (or was it a side by side) against US... (blacked out and VERY VERY FAST) when his sleep was comprimised and it's dark out... NOT FAIR... Nice undies Stick... (Didn't mean too)...That'll wash out (maybe??)

I'm most certainly workin' my way back onto the Brotherhood S... List with worthless posts... and humourless humour... All joking aside... (for now):D

Out Here, (With all due Respect Master Chief)

Doggie '47

Todd

Stickbuilder 02-24-2007 06:43 AM

You gotta try blowin' the roof off of a Barn in rural Tennessee in the weeee hours of the mornin' with a Mighty TF 160 Chinook... Mini Guns at the ready... fancy NVG's etc.... Nah... 12GA over/under (or was it a side by side) against US... (blacked out and VERY VERY FAST) when his sleep was comprimised and it's dark out... NOT FAIR... Nice undies Stick... (Didn't mean too)...That'll wash out (maybe??)

Out Here, (With all due Respect Master Chief)

Doggie '47

Todd
You have no respect for the old man, otherwise y'all wouldn't have been trying to blow the tin off'n the barn roof at that time of the morning, when all respectable folks are sound asleep. Y'all are lucky that I didn't throw a rock at you, or let the dogs out. Low as y'all were, they could have bitten the tires. Nothing as mean as a just woke-up Tennessee Coon hound, except a just woke up Tennessee wife.:D

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

khodges 02-24-2007 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If y'all were REALLY any good with that oversized lawn mower, you'd lease youreslves out to fly inverted, cutting hayfields. Change it from O.D. green to J.D. green. You could redirect those mini's and dove hunt while you're mowin' grass.:D:D

skylarkmk1--here's another picture of that QCF, or whatever it was. At least the tail # is the same

skylarkmk1 02-24-2007 11:19 AM

Ken,

Thats the same photo Hughes posted. A lot of pictures at the National WACO Club.

Nightstalker 02-24-2007 01:25 PM

khodges -
We used to fly so low that inverted flight wasn't necessary to cut hay... wish I had a dime for every piece of fresh produce I had to pick out of my landing gear when we got back to Ft. Campbell. Very tasty corn Bill...[8D]

Doggie 47

Skinny Bob 02-24-2007 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Northern Wisconsin Drivers Ed Vehicle

Stickbuilder 02-24-2007 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Skinny Bob

Wherezat kid that I told about such an engine in the WACO ARF thread????? That'll geterdone. Bet thatun would taxi the fifth scale bird just fine.:D

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

Live Wire 02-24-2007 06:54 PM

Taxie hell LIMO

Just a thought Rhino skin after 20 years does not work. Well you know what I am doing[:@][:@][:@]

And for fun NC11427 Ser. 3488 QCF-2 5-26-31 to Kenny Flying Sercice, Buffalo NY

old git 02-25-2007 06:38 AM

That's a very odd looking airplane, and what is all that white stuff?

old git (London) aka - - - - - - John L.

WACO Brotherhood No. 14? as far as I can remember.

Skinny Bob 02-25-2007 07:08 AM

It's a Waco Snowbird. And the white stuff is uuuuuuugly!

Stickbuilder 02-25-2007 10:19 AM

It's a Waco Snowbird. And the white stuff is uuuuuuugly!
Hey, Hey, Hey!!!!!

We have white stuff on the ground here too. It's called SAND [8D]

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

Just came in from the shop, been building and sanding the elevators.

WacoOne 02-25-2007 10:47 AM

Some of those Wisconsin folks have way too much time on their hands!

Bill Hogue
WACO Brotherhood #21

Skinny Bob 02-25-2007 10:56 AM

Not much time. I check here in between snow shoveling projects. And it's still coming down.

Bill, I'd send you some snow, but it wouldn't last long down there.:D:D

Stickbuilder 02-25-2007 12:31 PM

I've been at work this morning, building the elevators, and would you believe, we wouldn't know what to do with the snow if we did see some. If you sent me a box of the stuff, the old lady next door (city of Leesburg's Mayor) would probably spin out and hit the mailbox. That's how well the folks down here would handle it. :D

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

Pittsfire 02-25-2007 01:20 PM

Bill,

Wonderful job on your Waco. I'm pleased to see people continue to build such a fine airplane as the Waco YMF. A truley lovely biplane with beautiful lines.

Tim

Stickbuilder 02-25-2007 03:26 PM

Tim,

I sent you a PM with the information that you asked about.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

Jim Henley 02-25-2007 05:53 PM

Well we had another white weekend here in Omaha, at least it's not in minus double digits! I was able to spend most of the weekend in the basment (work shop) getting the servo mounts in, used some old servos (non-high torque) to set things up. I have the throttle linkage installed, rudder and elevators temporaraly mounted with linkages set up. Even the tail wheel works! Need to make the aileron linkages and mount the aileron control horns. By Golly think I am finally to the "fine sand" and start covering point.
NAH, I'm sure there is something else I forgot to do!