Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

RAL to Monokote match

Old 11-06-2012, 01:42 PM
rcprecision
My Feedback: (6)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RAL to Monokote match

What is the RAL color name/number that matches MonoKote cub yellow?

Thanks in Advance...
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: RAL to Monokote match

We'd like to help you out, but we have no idea what RAL color name or numbers are. Can you give us an idea?

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 AM
rcprecision
My Feedback: (6)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bax,

A paint color coding system. RAL is a European version of the more commonly used PMS US color code chart. Here's a link to a RAL color chart. [link=http://www.ralcolor.com/]RAL color Chart[/link]...link to PMS [link=http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm]PMS color Chart[/link]

I was hoping there might be a conversion available from Monokote to the RAL or PMS color chart.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OK...did some checking. There are no numbers in any system for the MonoKote colors. They were established years ago by Top Flite, long before we acquired them. They were developed by the inventor of MonoKote, and have been made the same way ever since. New colors have been developed from colors the plant has available and get "tweaked" from there. Again, the result is not a "standard" color.

If you need to match colors for painting, then your best bet would be to take a sample of the MonoKote you wish to match to a paint place. Automotive paint sellers can usually match a color for you quite closely. However, there isn't a number so that you could go somewhere and tell them to "Mix a batch of #89888."

You can probably get good-quality paint chips of colors and do an "eyeball" match to the MonoKote you're trying to match and get a pretty good result.

Finally, please be aware that colors can vary slightly from production batch to production batch.