Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Great Planes Ultimate 40 Bipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Buzz-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Ultimate 40 Bipe

Just completed a Great Planes Ultimate Bipe 40. Tryed to fly this with a lot of control and that was a mistake. Adjusted the controls to what the instructions said and this plane does weird stuff. I don't know what this plane will do when I input controls. If on level flight I throw in full left rudder turn and dive. I have to fly this very conservatively. What am I doing wrong????
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Ultimate 40 Bipe

With all models, the very first thing you must do is check the alignment of all of the components. They must be absolutely straight! Don't just "eyeball" the model, but block it up and measure to a good standard. Check the alignment with the plans.

Check the weight. Lighter is better. The kit should be no more than 6.5 pounds. Overweight kills models, and you may have to do some work to get it lighter.

Controls....make sure they are at the recommended throws and that the control linkages allow no flex. Hinge action must be smooth with no stiffness or resistance.

You're allowed no slop in the linkages. The control surfaces must not be able to move unless the servo moves them. If you can move a surface without moving the servo, re-do it.

You'll likely have to do some "tuning" to the airframe and control surfaces to get the model to have the "feel" you want.

Finally, you may need to add some exponential to the transmitter setup for the various controls. The model is intended for aerobatics, which means it must be responsive. Exponential will soften the feel near the center of control movement.