Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Great Planes Christen Eagle 46

Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 PM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Great Planes Christen Eagle 46

I know this is the kit building forum but I can't find a product support forum for ARF's. If there is one please move this post there.

I just got a Great Planes Christen Eagle 46 ARF. The first step of course isto install the servos in the wing, beginning with the top wing. I had read Minnflyer's review when I ordered the plane and knew of the problem he found where the servo lead is routed thru a hole that is too small and also places the wire in the wing strut socket. Mine was exactly the same, which brings me to my problem. All of the holes are too small to run the servo lead through with the extention lead attached. The only way to get the servo leads through is to remove the pins from the plastic housings and solder them together.

BTW, I am using the recommended Futaba S3115 servos.

Of course the only solution is to return the plane or the one I outlined above. Unless I'm missing somthing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:09 PM
KaP2011

Default RE: Great Planes Christen Eagle 46

I got to wondering how Minnflyer did his and after looking at his pictures I see the problem.
The first picture is Minnflyer's picture, the rest are my pictures.
The hole Minnflyer used is oval, mine are round.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28379.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1874600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82092.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1874601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60242.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1874602   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97201.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1874603  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We forwarded your difficulty to the product manager of the kit. It's being looked into. Short of opening-up the wing and enlarging the holes, about the only thing you could do would be to get a long servo extension so that the small end could be threaded through the holes, and then leave the servo end connected inside the aileron servo compartment, since it becomes so big when the servo is connected to the extension with the heat-shrink tubing over it all.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:47 AM
KaP2011

Thanks for responding Bax. I've talked to GP's product support and they told me it must be a fluke because they've only heard of this problem one time in the past. Could be because most modelers are going with just two servos in the bottom wing. IDK. They also told me they would forward the info to the product manager.

Keith