Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Removing Monocoat

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:59 AM
LRFitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Monocoat

Folks,

I just bought a used, but beautiful Shinden pattern airplane from a friend. I'd like to remove the pilot name, and AMA number from the painted surfaces. The name and numbers are cut from Monocoat, and placed on the painted surface from the factory that made the airplane. Can someone tell me how best to remove these Monocoat letters and numbers from my airplane safely?

Larry
Old 09-11-2013, 10:34 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they are truly monokote and not vinyl they should just peal off pretty easily since they are on paint. If they are vinyl then applying a little heat from a heat gun or even a blow dryer should help but be careful with a heat gun and bubbling the paint. I find the citrus base goo-b-gone works good for removing any left over residue without damaging the surface.