Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

suggestions for new and returning top flight kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default suggestions for new and returning top flight kits

so after emailing Top Flight several times,at least 10 or more, with suggestions on reissuing there Fw190 D9, and about coming out with a Me109, or a zero,even something unique instead of another, Mustang,B-25, or AT6 arf,there just another allied plane that has been over produced by every other cheap mfg. out there becoming one of the herd.

does any one even read these suggestions, or care what the general model building public would like to see offered by the Top Flight/great planes company or is this company operating in a vacuum.

I use the FW as a example of a kit now not available, but desireable by the numerous requests posted in this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3057425/tm.htm with no less than 50 requests, and that sells for 3-400$ each on ebay, if they even show up at all.

there is a need for quality kits that are unique and of the buildable quality like TF makes, I happen to like there kits, I have built them and would like to do more, but have maxed out on the ones I want in my collection of models and the ones I have completed.

the reason I post this is that after sending the numerous emails, never has there been any response from TF/GP mfg. either to the pos. or neg.not one thanks for your request, or a happy get lost buddy we don't care what you think.

I am not the only one who feels this way, I read constantly of the lack of response to a willing kit building public, wanting med. sized kits that have a little more variety.

there must be some demand because www.skysharkrc.com is starting to rerelease there axis and allied heritage based kits again, I would rather build a Top Flight Me109 EorG or zero and support them.

even a ARF that isn't in the kit list would be a breath of fresh air, KMP seems to be doing OK as well, with the variety of models offered.

development seems to have come to a standstill from GP, BAX you are the man with your finger on the pulse of the company whats going on with them, any inspiring words for the masses or should we look elseware for these models .
Old 03-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: suggestions for new and returning top flight kits

Kit development is very slow. That's because the ARF market is overwhelming. Right now, it's very difficult to justify new kit development and production because sales will be in such low numbers. Small, niche-oriented companies can produce kits, but they really can't be produced and sold in numbers that would justify the development costs for anyone else.

Also, rare, or less-than-popular models also don't sell in large-enough numbers to justify their development and productions as kits. Maybe some may be brought out as ARF models, but only if the general modeling public makes them popular.

All product suggestions are considered, but the development team won't say what's in development. We never know until production and deliveries are announced.