Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Bashing a GP 60 Cub

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:09 AM
beepee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bashing a GP 60 Cub

A quesiton for you Bax,

I am considering building the GP 60 Piper Cub with some major bashing modifications to an L-4. I intend to two piece the wing, joining the fuselage at the root, in order to build a scale green-house top. Aluminum tube wing support and functional struts. I do not think that part will be too hard. I am curious whether the cabin area is reasonably modifiable to scale appearance. I have not seen the detail of this design, but I know some of the model structures are contraditory to scale appearance. I will have to modify at least for the L4 green-house to the rear anyway, some I can handle making some changes.

The next question is what would it cost me to ship to the UAE. I fear about the price of the kit. I am thinking about just buying the plans and working from them. I have the time.

Thanks in advance.

Bedford
Old 10-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Bashing a GP 60 Cub

We'd not be sure about modifying the cabin from a J-3 to an L-4 configuration. We can only suggest that you examine it and see.

As far as shipping to the UAE, you'll have to contact a retailer.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bashing a GP 60 Cub

I have the "bashing" article for the Balsa USA 1/3 scale J3 that shows the conversion of the J3 to the L-4. It was in the Jan 1993 issue of MAN. If it would help, I could scan and send all or part of it to your email. I have the kit built Sig 1/4 scale J3 that I am thinking of changing to the L-4.