Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Help, Axe CPv3 not working

So Igot a decent deal on a used CPv3. Iwas getting the hang of flying it and managing to hover for a bit. Then the other day, it went nuts and crashed. Ioriginally thought I caused it, but then was thinking it reved up and went sideways without me doing anything. Iwas checking the damage, and noticed the main and tail rotors will not spin. The main rotor works with a 9v battery so I know it's good.
    In searching google, Ithink the eboard bitit and caused it to go nuts right before it crashed. Does that sound right? The green light flashes then goes solid when Iplug the batteryin, the servos work, but the rotors do not spin. The tail rotor did spin for a split second after the crash, but nothing since.
    If so, Idon't want to spend so much on a new board only to have it do it again in a month. What would be a good replacement setup to put in?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Help, Axe CPv3 not working

hey if you find a good replacement board, lemme know.. i dont wanna spend the 45 bucks for a new 3-in-1, and i cant find cheaper.. mine does the same thing.. just opposite, i dont know why.. but same exact thing with me, one day it just bit it, tail rotor wont spin at all.. and i guess messing with it i contacted something or idk what, but my main rotor will spin full speed and wont slow down for nothin.. and i too still have control of all my servo's though

just a side note.. i actually DO know what i contacted on the e-board(on accident) that made the main motor spin at full rpm, i just dont know why.. but im probably gonna use the e-board and put it on a little home made balsa plane.. you can make a varible pitch prop out of a heli tail, use one servo to control that, the other 2 can be an elevator and rudder..
    ok actually, i just came up with this idea as i was typing.. and im really excited to go try it!!

if you think thats not that bad of an idea i can put pics on here to show you what it was.. heck you could make the plane, and then sell it to pay for a new 3-in-1 ;D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone have a good recommendation? Or should I just cut my losses and sell it for parts?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any one flying the Axe CP?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I still have my old axe cp. I had to custom-fit a belt driven tail system on there because I had enough of the burnt out tail motors and e-boards. Since the mod, it burns esc's every once in a while (too much friction, i guess). It still doesn't handle too well in the air though. IMO, all you guys should just save up for an axe 400 or another reputable 450-size heli. They're much nicer to fly and dont have as many failures.
    For all my flying videos, go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/dragus359

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Was that the Freestyle-Hobby belt drive tail conversion
    you used?

Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup! I replaced the pitch slider with a metal one, but that's the only mod I made to the mod lol.
    For all my flying videos, go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/dragus359