Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Heli-Max Axe 100CP Tail Boom!

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Heli-Max Axe 100CP Tail Boom!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Mav-Ric
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli-Max Axe 100CP Tail Boom!

After a few flights with my new Axe 100CP, I was just noting how durable these micro heli's have come. I guess I spoke too soon. I struck a wall and snapped my tailboom. Ive pulled out the remaining wiring and plug from the receiver. However, I cant figure out how to replace the tailboom. I see the replacement part all over the net; however I have not found any instructions on how to replace it. In fact, the Axe 100CP owners manual explains how to replace just about every part BUT the tail boom assembly.

If anyone knows an easy way to do this and can help, it would be grately appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Mav-Ric
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Heli-Max Axe 100CP Tail Boom!

Hey ya'll since there wasn't a very overwhelming response, I researched a little more, and found the answer. This should help anyone else in the future who doesnt have the slightest idea.

The answer is quite simple:

The tail boom literally just slides into the main frame. It slides in about a half inch and sits pretty snug inside the main frame's opening. I'm guessing because of the helis small size, the vibrations are not a real issue. My problem was that my tail boom snapped right where the boom enters the main frame, making it appear that there was no opening, rather a flush area on the main frame.

A pair of cuticle cutters later, and the remaining tailboom was out. Another $6 later, at the LHS, I had a new tailboom assembly with motor.

So these little helis have come a long way and are sturdy. They wont take the hardest of hits, but it's a good thing to know that the entire set-up breaks down pretty easily and the parts are cheap. Hope this helps. Keep jamming the sticks!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 AM
JoshMaxAmps

Default RE: Heli-Max Axe 100CP Tail Boom!

I got a single flight from my Axe CP100 (and be aware I am just upgrading from the basic $40 heli) and I took out my tail boom, swash plate and the front servo. Took a little bit to get the parts replaced. Apparently it was not designed for fat fingers in mind. Now I am up and running. Definitely an easy fix once you take it apart however. Do you guys know of any upgrades at this point? Anything in the works?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:48 PM
trav1

Hey Josh. There are a few upgrades you can do. CNC swash, ect. Not much more you can do. The upgraded version is the 100 ssl. Brushless, lights.