Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

using an ESC from a Helimax with radio for an airplane?

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

using an ESC from a Helimax with radio for an airplane?

Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default using an ESC from a Helimax with radio for an airplane?

I have a crashed Helimax small counter rotation type fly-bar no tail rotor , with a beautiful little radio on channel #40
what I want out of the whole thing that someone gave me is the radio and the receiver, the 2 small 2 wire red and black I guess cor less type brushed ,I don't really know about helliess set ups ,any way it came with a 2S lipo 500Mah batter and I hooked it up and everything worked the 2 servos and the rotors turned but the blades were broke . so I wanted to possible use the receiver in a model airplane , can it be done , I wanted to use in in a one motor brushed speed 400 type motor they draw about 5 amps with a smaller prop. can this be done or does the 2 motor s have to be plugged in for it to work at all and this causes a vector typ steering on an airplane model right and left stick on the radio would push pull each motor , I don't really know pleas help and If the esc cant work for an airplane application can I but a channel #40 receiver FM any type and use it for the radio for airplanes? I noticed when hooked up the right stick controls the 2 pitch servos the left stick was throttle any suggestions will help