Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

axe cp thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:08 AM
PilotLight

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: axe cp thread

Its held on by sleeve retainer (glue). It just slides back off once the glue releases its grip. I used a pully puller to remove mine available at hobby stores. Other ways are to support the pinion and push the shaft through it (any technique you can come up with), or to heat the pinion and then gently pull it off with pliers.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:04 PM
yetti831

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You're talking about the tail rotor, right? I can't get mine off, either. Is there anything that I must preserve in order to put a new one on? Thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 06:18 AM
bigstang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WELL I GOT MINE OFF, i just used a fork to pop it off. then went i went to put it on the new motor i kinda used to much forse and poped the shaft out the other side lol. lucky it was only 11shipped from ebay so i bought a nother and hasnt goten here yet. but when it does im going to use a dab of greese or oil
Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 PM
PilotLight

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: PilotLight

Its held on by sleeve retainer (glue). It just slides back off once the glue releases its grip. I used a pully puller to remove mine available at hobby stores. Other ways are to support the pinion and push the shaft through it (any technique you can come up with), or to heat the pinion and then gently pull it off with pliers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69552.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1257568  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM
yetti831

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Got mine off as well. Haven't yet received my new rotors, but how do you secure it.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 AM
x947

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I know it's in here somewhere - I'm on page 11 . . .

does anybody have a link to a "no name" cheap lipo that will fit the CP ? I've been looking on Ebay but it's just so tedious opening all of the pages to try and find dimensions of the pack. are mods needed to the bird ? anybody have any pics of their mods to accomodate lipo packs ?

Thanks !!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 AM
r/cheliman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I buy lipos from hobbycity.com they're cheap and of good quality from my experiences. i have been using their batteries in my blade 400 for a year and they are just starting to lose power but i run the same three in my heli and planes so they see a lot of use. Demensions are usually posted in the spec box. they make a variaty of sizes.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:17 AM
x947

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

okay . . .

so I think I need a head locking gyro. a cheap head locking gyro. if I can't get one cheap then I'm investing my money in a new bird.

is it possible to get a HH gyro and just add it to the axe ? I've seen some cheap ones on ebay but I'm not sure if it's possible to just wire one into the 3 n 1. can this be done ? how do I know what the ioutputs are on the board ? or am I out of luck since this is a 5 channel radio ?

thanks for your input
Old 09-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Proace

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Question: Has anyone converted their Axe CP to direct drive tail or belt driven tail?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 AM
PilotLight

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Proace

Question: Has anyone converted their Axe CP to direct drive tail or belt driven tail?
Yes.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7480775/tm.htm
Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 PM
tonywayne

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This may be some good tips. On my v3 after my tail rotor burned up after about an hour of flight, i bought the 10$ gws motor from tower it comes with 2 gws props that work just fine and same color as my orange cannopy. If u dont like the orange gws props u can black sharpy them, i do it all the time on my e planes with gws props and it doesnt rub off. Anyway, Some mods that i did to keep the tail cool is rotate the tail 180, flip the prop and revers the polarity so it blows back on itself, the tail is just warm now after a flight.You have to sand paper the shaft and ca the prop on or it will pull off, but u can still pull it off with pliers if need be to replace the prop. I allso bought an extra main motor heatsink to cover the rest of the motor "had to grind it down to fit" main motor is not as hot now. I swear my axe smelled like burning electonics with the stock setup after a flight. I also moved the pushrods in 1 hole and that made it alot less squarly. The axe is not rock solid like larger beter quality heli's but it has made me alot beter pilot. Going to my 450 after flying my axe seems like a co-axle. I love flying my cpv3, i think because im not as nervous with it as i am with my more $ 450 clone.

Search this Thread