Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Heli-Max Axe EZ

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Heli-Max Axe EZ

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
vagebadger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli-Max Axe EZ

So the moving of the pushrod worked? I have the a Blade CX2 and a Axe EZ (which i just got back from Helimax after a month because out of the box it was messed up).

i think the blade is more agressive....even stock. The only complaint with the Axe ez was its slow fwd/rev and yaw. I'll try the servo mod. I hope it works

Anyone discovered any new parts or method for increasing its speed?

also, Has anyone heard of putting a Blade CX2 innershaft into a axe ez? I only ask because i have some blade extras that lock the flybar in (which keeps flying off)...the only problem might be having to use the crappy blade cx2 blades

Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Kenny4842

So the CX2 blades are differnt than the EZ. I was wondering about that, I just had a friend give me an EZ (I already have a CP but figured it would be a fun little indoor heli and it was free) anyway it looked like a lot of the parts that fit the CX2 might also work (my local HS only has parts for CX so I am stuck waiting on replacements from Tower)
Old 10-06-2007, 01:27 PM
raz54

Anyone want an AXE - EZ plus some spare parts real cheap? PM me if you do.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84691.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	777481  
Old 10-06-2007, 10:47 PM
babyhuey

Hello to all,

I know that I'm late to this disscussion but I know what the problem is with the EZ. IT"S THE MOTORS! They are only 130s where as the CX and the Vortex use 180s.
I modded my EZ after the rear motor failed by installing the motors for the Vortex and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Completly different Heli, handled wind better and everything.
It's not a drop in change though as the 180s are a tight fit and the pinion gears have to be swapped around but the motors are only 8 or 9 bucks for both from Helidirect.

Hope this helps,
Huey
Old 10-10-2007, 09:43 AM
redvtr1000

I don't see how anyone can really reccommend the rotofly. Even stepping up from a coax I would be avoiding the rotofly. It can fly ok but every time you crash it or have a minor blade strike those bearings up top come flying out and good luck finding them in the carpet. Though, if you sift through your vacuum bags you may get lucky.

It looks cool, flies ok but you better just keep about 50 extra bearings. I tried gluing them on with CA and still had them fly off. Just a very poor design if you ask me.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 PM
batman6583

Can you posts some photo's of the motor change out
Old 10-11-2007, 10:14 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: redvtr1000

I don't see how anyone can really reccommend the rotofly. Even stepping up from a coax I would be avoiding the rotofly. It can fly ok but every time you crash it or have a minor blade strike those bearings up top come flying out and good luck finding them in the carpet. Though, if you sift through your vacuum bags you may get lucky.

It looks cool, flies ok but you better just keep about 50 extra bearings. I tried gluing them on with CA and still had them fly off. Just a very poor design if you ask me.

That's true about the bearings but if you switch the rotor head with one from the hummingbird you won't have that problem anymore as they have a screw holing the bearings in. My first single rotor heli after the EZ was a RotoFly and I found it to be a nice stable heli once set up right. The trick is to balance all the blades and advance the main blades about 3/4" - 1". I've crashed mine lots of times and the only parts to break was one tail blade and the boom holder but a little CA and a new blade and it was up and flying again. I've recently gotten into airplanes and sold all my helis except the RF, that one I'm keeping.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:35 AM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

Well, I've had my Axe EZ since the holidays last year - I think I was one of the first to buy one when it came out. I have replaced the swash plate with the aluminum version and after 1 flight I noticed a significant difference in control. It's much more precise - the part is leaps and bounds better than the stock. Mine was pretty much falling apart after nearly a years worth of use. To be honest I probably only have about 20-30 flights on it. The little plastic swash was in pretty bad shape and wouldn't hold together for an entire flight.

Now it's like a brand new helicopter, I also have the aluminum servo mount and plan on getting the other aluminum parts just because I like them. All in all I have had no issues with this heli and it's been pretty nice since day 1. No major crashes and only replaced things that were either broken blades or things I messed up in maintenance (it's small and plastic and I'm not).
Old 01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
c_rodgers.2507

im having an issue with my axe ez....it seems that the swashplate needs to be angled as if i were always holding right cyclic to balance out my flight...otherwise my bird stays in a constant bank left. Could anyone be of assistance or maybe give me some of an idea as to what actions i should take. Thank oyou for your help.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:13 PM
FishingSETX

Ive got the same problem with the swash. Im just going to leave it "as is". Thats the way it came from the factory and it works great. Ive also moved the the servo arms to the outside holes and that gave me ALOT more control over the heli. I have about 30-40 flights on the thing and the only problems Ive had were broken parts from hard crashes (last one from about 30 ft up to asphalt). Ive went through 2 sets of landing gear, 4 blade mounts (the little ball links break easy), one inner shaft (flybar mount broke), and have repaired the body twice. Right now I need a battery holder and I think its time to replace the blades. They are pretty nicked up but I have never broken one. Looks like I'll be headed to the LHS for some parts soon. The reason I chose the Axe is because my LHS stocks just about every part on the heli and his prices are comparable to what you get from the net (and no shipping cost.) Mine has been a great little heli but its time to upgrade. Im still keeping it for days when I have to stay inside to fly.