Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

MX450 XS Discussion Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

MX450 XS Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 02:47 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MX450 XS Discussion Thread

I own an Axe 400 RTF and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of trying it. Its a smooth flying heli and it come set up pretty much perfectly. The only thing one might want to really be aware of when flying it for the first time is that the tracking might be slightly off and the exp on the radio needs adjustment - because the factory setup is pretty sluggish. Finally - this may just be cuz I'm a tard or something, but my only major issue with the axe is that my left piro rate speeds up more than my nose right piro rate. Might be a gyro/temperature thing, and it may also be that I just don't have the dual rates set right. The Axe is a plastic heli but the manual seems to imply that cnc parts will eventually be put into production (if that matters to anyone). Anyway, I have a few vids of the Axe on my youtube channel; check them out if you're curious. I think my signature has a link to my channel but if it doesn't just search my name "dragus359" on youtube.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:47 AM
rollingball

ORIGINAL: sarmeneau

is anyone still flying the mx450 xs? is tower the best place to get parts? and can you interchange parts with the align?
just picked one up and getting into flying any help would be cool. thanks.
Save this llink to your bookmarks http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=HMXE0210&P=PU... All the marjor crash parts continue to be in stock... Replace the screws as you need them with another source. (RC Screws or RTL Fasteners)
Old 01-24-2010, 05:51 AM
rollingball

And I Thought this thread was dead Amazing to see the MX still in the mingle[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 01-24-2010, 05:15 PM
sarmeneau

Thanks guys i have the tower hobbies link, first thing i did was source parts for it. i hoped i didnt get taken but everything looks good and have already got another full bird on the way.
not bad to get three helis for less than a 160 bucks. two mx 450's and a dragonus 2 no electronics though, already getting them flight ready. now i just have to learn how to fly, but i know
it will be fun and discouraging, both at the same time, to learn. Ill just have to stick with it.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:20 PM
sarmeneau

ORIGINAL: osterizer

Welcome, sarmeneau. I'm still flying mine occasionally, but not nearly as much as before. The parts are the main issue. Last time I was on Tower, the parts selection was getting a little scarce. I've heard of people going to lichann for them, but I've never ordered there so I don't have any experience with them - http://www.lichann.com.tw/index.php?...b97e57dad0f90c.

You can (generally) replace entire subsystems with Align bits, but individual parts won't interchange, with a few exceptions.

I don't think I'd advise the MX as a starter heli, since the parts aren't as readily available as they used to be, until you're able to consistently fly it without crashing regularly. I'd more likely go get two or three of the Hobby King HK450s, one for flying and the other as a quick source of parts , and beat that up first. They're dirt cheap, so learning is worry-free.
thanks ill keep that in mind. i know i will have to learn to sit up before i learn to crawl. its a good thing im a very stubborn and a patient person.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:25 PM
osterizer

ORIGINAL: sarmeneau
thanks ill keep that in mind. i know i will have to learn to sit up before i learn to crawl. its a good thing im a very stubborn and a patient person.
Both attributes are useful in RC, and especially with helis .
Old 12-22-2010, 10:16 AM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

hey guy's, i have a chance to trade a proto max, revelle makes it, indoor heli micro size ,for a heli max 450. the heli max has motor ,esc gyro servos ,and is in good shape. it has some spares too. can you get parts for these anymore? will the 400 parts fit or don't they make them anymore either. i heard they wern't a good flying heli, but i want a bigger heli than my micro soooooooooo. if i have too scronge around for parts for it .i don't want it but i'm asking first. any input from the heli max forum would be helpful.............thanks........GEETER
Old 12-22-2010, 06:17 PM
AviationNut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tower still has parts for the MX450. I have one and it flies well, but I did replace the tail with Trex parts and the swash with the Beam part. The tail and swash were very sloppy, that's why they were replaced. Also, a lot of Trex parts will fit this heli.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 PM
blacknightrain

let me start off by saying that I am very much a amateur when it comes to helicopters. I bought a blade cx at a garage sale this summer and got hooked, this guy at work gave me this heli-max450, It has the body all the parts, except the electrical, no servos,battery,motor... It also has a align tail on it.

My question is, should I spend the money to get this to fly or not? If I should does anyone have any parts they would like to sell that would work on this. I am starting to read about this helicopter to get familiar, it sure has some great mechanical parts so even if I don't get it flying I will put it on the shelf for a display.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Old 01-12-2014, 05:11 PM
dpleasants

Has anyone here ever bought anything from the Li Chann ARK Taiwan website? Was just wondering if they were trustworthy?