Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

On board camera filter

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

On board camera filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:07 PM
raz54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On board camera filter

Hey guys. I'm trying to install a micro camera on my heli but as soon as the motors (electric) start going I get intererence in the picture (the camera runs off the heli's battery). I need a cap or some thing on the camera so I can see the picture and the motors already have them. Anyone know what size (mf) I would need?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:19 PM
wingbeater

Default RE: On board camera filter

Is yout Tx of the 2.4gig? most cameras operate on that freq.
I don't see how a cap on camera will help and the motor already has one.
I'll think on it,in the mean time make sure the Tx and wireless camera are not both 2.4 gig.
hope this helps.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Shack Man

A 1uf tam cap put across the pos and neg main motor may help but I would use a seperat batt for the cam. Most mini cams will run off a 9volt batt. Check the specs of the cam and see if it will run off a 9v batt first. If so then try it out and see if that helps.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:54 PM
raz54

The camera will run off a 9V but I really didn't want to use one because of the added weight (it's a micro heli). I know a while back some guys were putting these on their Sky Lamas and running off the main battery. I was hoping a cap wired in on the + & - wires to the camera would eliminate the 'noise'. The Tx is FM.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
mrasmm

you might also try some ferrite rings, and making sure to lube the bushings in the heli real good (I've been told that is what makes atleast a good part of the noise on the camera's)
Old 05-18-2007, 12:00 AM
raz54

ORIGINAL: mrasmm

you might also try some ferrite rings, and making sure to lube the bushings in the heli real good (I've been told that is what makes atleast a good part of the noise on the camera's)

What are ferrite rings and how do you use them? The heli has full ball bearings and I keep them lubed. Any one know what mf cap would work? I'm thinking of trying a 30 mf but if some one knows for sure that would be great.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:23 AM
osterizer

ORIGINAL: raz54

What are ferrite rings and how do you use them? The heli has full ball bearings and I keep them lubed. Any one know what mf cap would work? I'm thinking of trying a 30 mf but if some one knows for sure that would be great.
Ferrite rings are conductive cores that you wrap the signal wires into. Instead of damping a specific interference source like a cap on the motor does, in effect they filter high frequencies induced into the wire passing around them by multiplying the EM field that has to expand and contract. Since you're filtering on the signal wire, they damp both the interference you know about and also that which you don't. Please google-- there's a lot of discussion about these.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
raz54

Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out.