Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Inverted Flight

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Inverted Flight

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:02 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inverted Flight

Finally got the nerve to try inverted. Flew 4 packs out in idle-up mode flying fast circle and figure eights. Decided to take her out to a bigger field and try flippin it over. Didn't go quite as planned. Had it up about 30 ft hovering tail in, gave hard right cyclic and a little up collective. As it rolled over I added down collective and it went back up again. But, as it rolled back up-right it rotated nose to my left and as I tried to level it out it dove nose first to the ground. Gave hard up collective and pulled back on the cyclic. If I only had one more foot of altitude. Caught the grass with the skids and nosed over. Broke a main blade and stripped the main gear. (dead chicken dance!) [X(][:@][:'(][]

Still shaking from the adrenalin, I unplugged the battery, checked for missing peices, and drove it back home. DoggoneIt!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:32 PM
osterizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inverted Flight

Sucks to crash, man. When you get excited you get crossed up more easily-- it happens, don't sweat it. Next time try 3 mistakes high .
Old 07-04-2007, 11:39 PM
jw637362
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Inverted Flight

PilotLight - Sorry for your misfortune, I recently cracked up going inverted on mx-400.
Had a boom strike with stock cheap blades that bent too much. Learned a lesson there.
When I finally got the nerve up, I had it going away from me and pulled a loop. It seemed to make it easier and it felt more comfortable rather that flipping it over sideways. You might try that.

Next time try 3 mistakes high"
My advise as well!

Again Bummer -
Jeff