Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

AXE CP Drifts left

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

AXE CP Drifts left

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:39 PM
strat1960s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AXE CP Drifts left

Ok, I've tried to trim the heli, but it keeps drifting left. If I give the right stick just a small movement to the tigh it levels out and stops drifting for a few moments and then it starts in again. Besides trim, what else could be causing the heli to drift left? I'm flying inside a hangar with the doors closed.

Ted
Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: AXE CP Drifts left

Is the heli off the ground? If not, that's what is does till its airborne. If airborne, you need to add more right trim on the cyclic, or adjust the servo arm lenghths shortening the one on the right and lenghthening the one on the left only one turn at a time, one side at a time.

Who's hangar is it, anyone we know?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:07 AM
strat1960s

I'm still working on hovering, but most of the time the heli is moving around on the ground. When I get the heli up in the air, shouldn't the main rotor be flat/level?

The hangar I work in is a KC-135 maint. hangar. It's currently being used as a vehicle maint shop.

Ted
Old 08-08-2007, 10:58 AM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

This is very common. When the heli is on the ground and just getting light, the tail rotor will push the heli to the left across the floor. What you need to do is get the heli light then lift the left skid off the ground and then the right skid. It will be leaning just slightly to the right when in stable hover, but YOU will have to hold it there.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:01 AM
strat1960s

Ok, now it makes perfect sense.

I got the heli about a foot off the ground and noticed that the was drifting just a little so I adjusted the trim and now she's just about where I want her. I was hovering around the shop and all was going well until I hit a 55 gallon drum of oil. Metal Drum -vs- AXE CP. The drum won! I'll replace another blade grip during lunch.
Thank you for the helpful info.

Ted
Old 08-08-2007, 03:32 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Anything with a tail rotor does that. Its called translating tendency and its worse in ground effect (one rotor span or so) than out of ground effect.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:48 PM
alienteabagger

As long as you fly close to the ground (within 2 rotor spans) you will be in ground effect and the heli will misbehave. Take it up to at least waist level to be sure you are out of G.E. and you will notice that it flies much differently up in clean air.