Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Charging questions

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Charging questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:04 PM
strat1960s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging questions

Ok, I finally got the adapter that was supposed to let me connect the Electrifly Lipo charger to the Equinox balancer. Gotta love those folks at Tower Hobbies for trying, but either they sent the wrong adapter or they gave me the wrong part number. Either way, I've had all this stuff and couldn't use it so I cut some wires, did a little soldering, used some automotive plugs and now I'm "SAFELY" in business.

Question #1:
Using the above components with the Electrifly BP910 batteries, how long does it take to charge?

Question #2:
How long will the battery last?

Question #3:
How long can I fly before the battery gets into the dangerously low range?

Thanks
Ted
Old 08-11-2007, 01:49 PM
raz54

Default RE: Charging questions

There is no one answer for any of your questions. How long to charge depends on how dead it is and what charge rate you charge it at.

No one knows how long a battery will last. I've had some go for years and others die in months.

That depends on your flying style and weight of the heli.

Why do you have 2 threads asking the same questions?
Old 08-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Revo_Rash

simple answer to the "flight time" of the battery. If you fly at FT (full throttle) all the time then your packs won't last as long as flying at say maybe 3/4 throttle
I am doing 10-15 ft hovers and my packs will last me around 25 minutes with my training gear still on. but it depends on what Mah your batteries are how many cells they are. everything factors in.
So in short it just depends on your equipmetn you bought and how aggressive your flying is. My pack is a Thunder Power 1325MaH pack here is one similar

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMAG8&P=0
Old 08-11-2007, 02:26 PM
K94max

Strat - I am using 11.1v 910 mah. I fly (hover) for about 8 min to 8 1/2 min. Have gotten to where I can keep it in the air most of the time so that there is draw on the battery most of the time. At that, I recharge at the recommend rate for the 11.1 900mah lipo battery and it usually takes 1 hr to 1 1/4 hr on average. If you do not keep it a constant throttle setting (for in air flight) the flight time should be longer. I don't remember if you got the triton jr. but if so, when you hook up the battery and press the start button look in bottom left corner of screen and just as soon as the number appears that is how much you have discharged to. At 8 to 8 1/2 mins mine usually is about 11.3 give or take. I could fly longer times but the battery gets hot as well as motor and I don't want to push my luck on early battery death or motor death for an extra minute or two for flight time let alone possible cutoff due to low voltage.
how long can you fly - if you discharge below 9.6 consistently your pushing it (if I understand what I have read and been told).
Old 08-11-2007, 07:37 PM
strat1960s

Raz, I goofed and it posted twice.
My bad[]

Ted