Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Anyone seen this? Vulcan 450 SE

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Anyone seen this? Vulcan 450 SE

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:12 PM
DKhairho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone seen this? Vulcan 450 SE

Vulcan 450 SE? http://www.xheli.com/newme3daeccr.html

I'm not much on the Heli brands but everyone is always talking T-Rex as the next step up. This looks pretty cool, especially in price. I want to get a belt drive because I hear they are a lot better in flight. Plus at $100 bucks less than the T-Rex I can put more into servos, etc.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:21 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Anyone seen this? Vulcan 450 SE

http://www.xheli.com/rag2sesed6ra.html

You got me looking. This is about the same size as the Axe, brushless motor, lipo battery, belt drive tail, external gyro, 6 channel radio, and serial simulator cable. $269 out the door Ready to Fly. Tempting...
Old 08-17-2007, 09:46 AM
DKhairho

Didn't even see that one. I stumbled onto this website when I was using the Yahoo search engine. They got some cool deals. I'm trying to get something for my Birthday next month. Figured get a new heli instead of converting the Axe to a belt drive. I would propbably throw my 240 on something like that. I'll review it some more. Sounds like quality doesn't always have to cost alot. I'm hearing that some of the cheaper gyros are even pretty good.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:49 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

I don't know guys, I was looking at these quite a bit lately, they take some of the same parts as the t-rex I believe, but I think I decided to go with the 450SA (birthday coming up, I've dropped the hint to the family) for now.. if you guys pull the trigger on one of these, let me know how it flies...

Old 08-17-2007, 08:28 PM
DKhairho

Same here. My birthday is Sept 19th and I asked the mrs but it looks like it's my $$ that'll be getting the heli. It just looked like a good buy for the money but looks can be deceiving. I usually purchase brands that are stocked at my LHS. T-Rex and Heli-Max. Both brands come very recommended but who knows, the Vulcan may be ok.