Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe CP, brushless, opinions

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CP, brushless, opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
redvtr1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CP, brushless, opinions

Folks,

My tail is screwy with my axe, last 3 flights have all ended up in requiring a new feathering shaft, and main shaft (I can't understand how all that always bends but I have not once ever replaced a flybar).

Something with the gyro function is screwing with my inputs is all I can figure. I don't think the tail motor is completely shot but it isn't new either. I have plenty of tail authority on the ground (seems like it was when it was almost new) and sometimes with small inputs I still have good control in the air. But, when I want to piro or the wind picks up, sometimes there isn't enough authority to stop the rotation in a reasonable amount of time. I have played with all the adjustments trying to work this out but no luck.

I thought of going brushless and just eliminating the 3-1 board and replacing the motors, adding a 240 but need to be able to follow someone elses work. I can't (because of time, money, and she who must be obeyed) sink a bunch of money in this heli and still be fighting with it in the end.

Roughly, what is the cheapest I can get this thing set up brushless to eliminate these issues? How many folks on here have gone brushless? Saw helikos conversion (great info by the way) but not much otherwise.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:24 PM
hobby_man
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Axe CP, brushless, opinions

there is a demo on u tube

search axe cp spereration
Old 09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
redvtr1000

yeah ive seen that. poor quality if you ask me. The guy sits there and tells you what he used and what he is doing but shows absolutely none of the technical stuff. I can understand skipping certain mundane details but cmon.. Fades to black on most of the stuff and then he's like "ok i did this and that and now I don't have parts for this so thats all you gotta do. He says he used the same stuff to do the conversion in a blade. To me, seems like the blade is noticeably smaller, and he would be underpowering the axe to use the same combo. Furthermore, he didn't have a new video or comment outlining how well the combo actually worked and if it was worth spending more than the purchase price of the heli.

I think I am going to rebuild this little sucker one more time and sell it. I think I probably have 100 bucks worth of parts for it sitting at home, of course they are all parts that I don't need atm.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:40 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

That video on you tube is buy a guy that works at the LHS here, I personally won't watch it.. when I took him my MX400 for setup, it left the shop in worse shape than when it arrived, and guess who did the work [:'(][:@][]

I am thinking of putting my MX400 motor in my axe though.. it'll bolt in, the only problem is the gears.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:47 AM
redvtr1000

I decided not to spend any big ching making the axe fly better. Just bought a dx7, all I need now is a decent heli and everything else to go with it

I really want to keep my axe going as it is pretty easy to repair (though not so much when it comes to issues out of the 3 n 1 or that tail motor) but I just can't see spending 200 plus to get it to that point when I can buy a mini titan with motor and esc for 225 or so.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Heliko

[link=http://www.youtube.com/v/KL1mjDXwT4M]Here's a link[/link] showing some nice 3D that can be done with a BL main and tail motor.

Also [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697416]Here's a link[/link] to Auger's original thread with all the specs.

Lastly [link=http://www.helihobby.com/html/separate_electronics.html]yet another link[/link] to a pretty good article about "going seperates" from Helihobby.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!
Old 09-17-2007, 07:45 AM
redvtr1000

Thanks Heliko,

Good info. Loved the video too. Mine won't fly that way :P

I have shelved it for now, Just filled out the paperwork for the 50 dollar rebate from heli-max, suppose I will use that to buy more parts for it. (landing gear, tail boom, feathering shaft, main shaft, blades, grips, tail motor). Probably more than the rebate.

DA