Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

axe cp question

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

axe cp question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:45 PM
bgwatson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axe cp question

does any one known if you can slow the helis control down at the servos arms by moving the push rod in i am useing stock radio.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Shadow99

Default RE: axe cp question

By moving the Z-bend linkages further in on the servo horn, you may have issues with the collective pitch, as you increase the throttle. The better way is to add 1/16" I.D. wheel collars to each side of the flybar, near the paddles. That slows down the reaction time & the response of cyclic movement. As your hovering/flying improves, move the collars further inbound, to increase the reactivity of the cyclic. When you feel your comfortable with having them fully inboard, remove them.

Shadow
Old 09-21-2007, 06:19 PM
savagejair

I.D. wheel collars ??? What are they? and how much would it slow the reaction time down?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:58 PM
mrasmm

something like this
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1165

that's a bit pricey though. It will slow it down quite a bit, but maybe not as much as you are looking for. If you add some heavier blades, the flybar weights and move them out to the edge, and add some weight to lower the CG a bittle, probably something up to 50 or 60 grams or something, the training skids add some stability, for me syms added alot of stability, and of course like shadow said move the swash links in one hole on the servo arms =)
Old 09-21-2007, 07:02 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

I.D. stands for inner diameter. Its the size of the hole. They look just like the ones already on the heli on the flybar. Little metal donut with a set screw holding the flybar inplace. The added weight will slow the inputs down the farther out they are. Can't tell you how much slower it will react 'cause I never tried it.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:45 PM
thumper4446
My Feedback: (13)

Use 1/16" wheel collars.