Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Two issues with my Axe

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Two issues with my Axe

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Kenny4842

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Two issues with my Axe

ORIGINAL: MMatheny
wish I had a 50" TV with PC in to fly it on!!
Kind of like I do?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:50 PM
MMatheny

Kenny - Smart*****!!

Ted, I sent it USPS Priority with delivery notification and $250 insurance for $25.00. I went ahead and took off my blades and kept my training gear (had the orange ping pong balls and didn't want to hassle with it, besides that wasn't the problem anyway!!)
Old 10-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How can I quick charge this thing?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:04 PM
MMatheny

Kenny - hope I didn't offend you - I was entirely joking. I told my wife what I posted and that you posted exactly what I wanted, and she says "I hope you didn't offend him!" So I thought I better explain!!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Kenny4842

No not at all!
Its funny because I had been looking for an excuse to post pics of me playing real flight on there and then I seen your post and was like HA HA.
It is pretty sweet actully, if you ever have the chance you should try it out. My TV (Which is a 42" not 50) has an RGB connection on the back so it hooks right into my laptop
Old 10-05-2007, 09:14 AM
MMatheny

What resolution are you running in Realflight? I've been eying that Samsung 50" DLP with LED back lighting - looks pretty good!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Kenny4842

1024x768 which is the max resolution supported by my TV. I dont just use it for real flight either, I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and surf the web from my couch sometimes.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:38 AM
MMatheny

What kind of wireless mouse/kbe are you using?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Kenny4842

This one.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=014
Old 10-05-2007, 01:21 PM
MMatheny

I've got a BTC wireless (not infrared, so no line of sight problem) keyboard that has a really nice rubber thingy for the mouse that works well. It's a older one I got from a resale shop for $5 - they have a newer one for around $35 at Frys.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 PM
MMatheny

Got notified by USPS and HeliMax that they got my baby yesterday morning []- hope they rush but do a good job with her (or replace her!!!)
Old 10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
strat1960s

Mike,

I'm betting they'll send you a new one. If they just got the heli, I'd call them and be very specific in what you want them to do as far as repair/replace and if you had any upgrades and what you want done with the upgrades.

Ted
Old 10-11-2007, 12:29 PM
dreimer

Mike, it looks like both of us are in the shop at the same time!

I've been having withdrawls too....There's an empty spot in the garage just waiting for the repair/replacement!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM
MMatheny

Yeah, my dining room walls are missing the blade strikes
Old 10-12-2007, 05:16 PM
MMatheny

How long after Hobby Services receives my heli should I see a status other than Estimate/Repair In Progress? (They received it Tuesday)
Old 10-12-2007, 05:36 PM
strat1960s

Mike, they should have at least sent you an email with a customer tracking number by Wed. I'm telling you you should call them asap to find out what's going on.

Ted
Old 10-12-2007, 05:45 PM
strat1960s

Mike,

Also, they'll tell you they've been busy, which they may be busy, but you need to press them to get busy with your AXE CP or it'll sit. One of the guys here said Hobby Services had his heli for 8 weeks and all they did was send him out a new heli. Really now, how long does it take to print out a UPS shipping label and give it to the UPS guy? It only takes me 30 minutes to drive from my shop to UPS. Printing out the label and paying took all of 10 minutes. So what were they doing for the 7 weeks, 6 days and 23 hours? Not working on your heli!

I've spoken with 2 technicians and one customer service rep at Hobby Services. They seem nice on the phone, but there is more to customer service than being polite on the phone. There is the actual service part of it too. If enough people get tough with Hobby Services, Heli-Max and Tower Hobbies, they will have to improve their business practices and customer service or we as the "almighty valued customer" should take our business elsewhere.

Ted
Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
MMatheny

All I have gotten so far is an email stating that they received my heli with cust and tracking number - I'll give them until maybe Tues. next week then email to see what's going on.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:28 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

see, I am lucky.. when they decided to adopt my heli.. I called and informed them that if I did decide that I was really pissed, I could be on their doorstep within the hour, lol...

I have two issues also......

- gravity keeps working.....

- the asphalt keeps breaking my fall

I still can't fly this damned thing!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:28 AM
MMatheny

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!! I WANT MY HELI BACK HELI BACK HELI BACK (sung to the tune of the Chili's babyback ribs commercial)

I lie in my bed, watching the ceiling fan tease me with it's heli-like appearance and listening for the slight thump thump thump of the blades slicing the thick air - I hear a heli fly overhead and I run out to get a glimpse - I hear a heli on TV and I rush to catch it before it moves off the screen.

And it's ALL you guy's fault!! - Until I got this darn heli I was a somewhat normal person - now I'm a maniac!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME??????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
HelisRule

Whoa man, whoa! If you're not careful Mike, one of the pharmaceutical companies will hear you and turn your cries into a real live disease...

It can happen to anyone. Young, old, male, female. When you least expect it...when you think you're in perfect health. But you didn't see it coming. You thought you could handle anything. You were wrong. Acute Heli Withdrawal (AHW) is serious. It can lead to anxiety, depression, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, uncontrollable desire to spin around or do pirouettes in the middle of a department store.

Well now there's help. Heli-Pax may be just what you need to get you through those times when you can't have the real thing. It will help control the undesireable effects of AHW. Ask your doctor (or LHS) if Heli-Pax is right for you.

Side effects include headache, thumbache, stomach ache, the desire to connect an ESC to any rotating object, loss of servo control, heliphrenia (sudden thought patterns of cyclic and yaw), and auto-rotation. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should stop taking Heli-Pax and contact your LHS immediately for help.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thestratcat

see, I am lucky.. when they decided to adopt my heli.. I called and informed them that if I did decide that I was really pissed, I could be on their doorstep within the hour, lol...

I have two issues also......

- gravity keeps working.....

- the asphalt keeps breaking my fall

I still can't fly this damned thing!

With a conversation I had with those guys a few days ago. i wish you were here and i was on the way over to their doorstep. Even as a beginner , I am not overly please with this thing and think I should have bought one a tad better. Probably get it anyways and just make it a winter project. I'm not bad at it but from what everyone says, going to anything else will make me look better than I am?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM
strat1960s

You guys are killing me! Thanks for the laugh, I really needed the pick me up. My german shepherd bit my daughter and now I have to get rid of all three of my dogs. My daughter was holding his collar and for some reason the shock collar went off and he bit her out of fear not anger. I'm sure it's just an isolated incident, but my wife said they have to go and I have to respect her wishes. So tomorrw I have to drop them off at the shelter.[]

Ted
Old 10-15-2007, 08:43 AM
strat1960s

Good news. We can keep the dogs. After my wife had time to calm down and think about what happened she said they can stay. I still need to keep an eye on Jake, the one that bit my daughter. He hasn't shown any agression towards anyone since the incident, but I'm watching him just in case.

Ted
Old 10-15-2007, 08:44 AM
MMatheny

EDITED - Great to hear Ted - I was typing this when you posted the good news!!

Mike

Ted - extremely sad to hear that - we have 2 Pugs that are the loves of our lives - I couldn't and wouldn't imagine being without them. One is around 11.5 yrs old, and I see old age starting to creep up and sometimes have depressing thoughts about when his time will come and how we will deal with it.

Hope you will gain new companionship (I know you could never replace them!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.