Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Two issues with my Axe

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Two issues with my Axe

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Two issues with my Axe

My wife and I have been together 15 years. I also have an adult son just got out of college. We bought a new home about 10 years ago and shes been real anal about it ever since. We have two dogs. Maxx, Long Hair Chihuahua who is 6 and fredo a mixed cocker mutt is 12. Both treated as full fledge member of the family. Fredo is passive and never barks. Maxx is a like manic. Lovable pita and a great watch dog. I'm getting to the mainpart here slowly.

Now house cleaning has always beenan issue. I want to set aside time to do it, she does it on spur of the moment. Go out to dinner, come home and savor the moment-no, clean the house. Go out of townfor the day, come home and relax. no! So when ever she does this, I just goabout my business and she canhave a good time. She won't cave and neither will I. Oh I clean but on myterms. Been this way15 years and pi$$'s her off continuously.

So one day she was at it again. I came into the kitchen, got a coke from the frige and sat at the table. Cant eat or drink anywhere but in that area. She had also just finished cleaning the kitchen and hour earlier. So I am sitting at the table drinking my coke. She loses her mind and is now standing onthe opposite side reading me the riot act . You you you! you dont do this and you dont do that! Fingers is just pointing away at me. Now "Fredo" the dog (which is her favorite of the two), is on the other side of the kitchen. As she is yelling at me I start a slow smile on my face turiing into a big one to a point of laughing. Now she's realllllllllly mad. You think this is funny and her face is red and steaming. I said no I don't . Whats so dam funny.?

I told her to turn around and their is Fredo dragging his itchy ***** across her clean floor!

How old are your children? Kids don't know how to give animals their space. They tend to want to play with them in the same manner as playing with their friends.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 AM
MMatheny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CH - you need to get that space key on your keyboard fixed!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:55 AM
HelisRule

ORIGINAL: MMatheny

CH - you need to get that space key on your keyboard fixed!!!
Mine does the same thing! [:@] I have a wireless keyboard at home and it drives me nuts. It only registers about half my spacebar strikes. I have to go back and insert spaces everywhere. It's not even that I type blazingly fast. I'm pretty fast with the few fingers I use, but not so much that I'm delivering glancing blows to the spacebar that don't register. I don't completely blame it on the fact that it's wireless, in fact I don't really think that is the issue, since I had a wired keyboard a few years ago that had the same problem. But I'm typing this on a [wired] keyboard at work (during lunch) and I haven't missed a space yet. I should just replace the keyboard at home and be done with it. I may not be able to get rid of all the stresses in my life, but I guess I should at least get rid of the little things that are probably easily resolved.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:28 AM
MMatheny

Well, just checked my Axe status at HobbyServices and they updated the work order - what does it mean - am I getting a new Axe??

Repair Item Description Qty Labor Hours Parts Charge Extended Charges
HMXE0454 AXE CP MICRO EP HELI RTF PRP54 1 .0 .00
HMXE0454 AXE CP MICRO EP HELI RTF PRP54 1 .0 .00

Parts Charge Total .00
Labor Charge Total .00
Inspection Charge .00
Sub Total(labor+parts) .00
Shipping Charge .00
Sales Tax .00
Discount .00
Payments Received .00
Total Due .00

SERVICE TEAM NOTES
NO COMMENTS AT THIS TIME
Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 AM
MMatheny

Also, what does HobbyServices do with all the helis they get and send out replacements for??
Old 10-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Cyclic Hardover

What wrong? someofthesewordsstickingtogether? GotitoffebayfromsomeJeffFoxworthyauction. I think the problem with the spacing is also attributed to my AXE battery! Like a virus
Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: strat1960s

Good news. We can keep the dogs. After my wife had time to calm down and think about what happened she said they can stay. I still need to keep an eye on Jake, the one that bit my daughter. He hasn't shown any agression towards anyone since the incident, but I'm watching him just in case.

Ted

woah man... I would've got rid of the wife before I let my dog go.. in fact, I did get rid of a girlfriend over my hounds..
seriously, glad things worked out for you man.. a good wife is hard to replace

Cyclic, I honestly can't get it to fly, not as well as my bigger ones at least..
Old 10-15-2007, 12:18 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Also, what does HobbyServices do with all the helis they get and send out replacements for??
probably repackage them and sell them to new unsuspecting suckers!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:38 PM
strat1960s

Mike,

It sounds like they're sending out a new heli. I really donk't know what they do with the old broken helicopters. I think (this is an uneducated guess) refurbish them and send them out as replacements. Call them and ask them to look your heli over before shipping it. Otherwise, they'll just grab one off the shelf and ship it. You know how manufactures end up with B-Stock, their products with flaws? Maybe that's where they get these replacement helicopters from.

I noticed on the one they sent me the canopy was a bit scratched up and the tail boom was pink instead of purple, maybe from being out in the sun for too long.
CH,

My daughter is 8 and my son is 14.
I took my daughter to a doctor at the base, they had to file paper work with animal control. So I went to the vet to get a copy of Jake's shot records and then to animal control. They put Jake on a 10 day in-house quarantine. Good thing I took off this week. I can come home durning lunch next week and let him out to poop and pee. I was worried that I'd still loose him. I joked with the doctor saying I had to take Jake in to get some shots since I didn't want him catching any of my daughter's rabbies or anything like that. My daughter just about came unglued.
What's the point of having kids if you can't give them a complex.
Ted
Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Curious here, do you have problems keeping a fairly decent altitude on a hover on this AXE or is it hopping up and down. You've probably seen my other posts that I have blaming this on the battery dropping in power. I have pretty good control of it other than that which makes me work the throttle all the time. Like it needs a governor or something to keep a consistent rpm
Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 PM
MMatheny

CH - do a search - there was quite a long thread on this very subject. I think the final outcome was either lube the parts well or a bad jittering servo.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
MMatheny

ORIGINAL: thestratcat

probably repackage them and sell them to new unsuspecting suckers!
I wonder if that's what's in Tower Hobbies scratch & dent area?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Cyclic Hardover

CH - do a search - there was quite a long thread on this very subject. I think the final outcome was either lube the parts well or a bad jittering servo.
Looks to me that all three servos are mixed in to perform collective pitch. Seems the only way to see which one is screwd up is to see if it jitters with no power? Or what, disconnect the engine from the board and move things around? I can see through this crap and this could be a sweet flyer if it did not have a few issues here.

I found this but seems a bit extreme for a low end helicopter but makes a bit of sense. Logic says just to keep fooling with this thing and it'll all straighten out on the next bird!

gave up on the NiHM and brushed motor after the second crash or so, just junk. With the Park 370 motor, ESC, LiPo 1320 battery and a HH gyro, my AXE hovers rock solid. I literally went from not even being able to contain it in my parking garage to landing on the top of an upside down 5 gallon bucket in one flight. ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. The problem with the AXE and Blade CP, is the low inertia, low speed rotor system. If you get that rotor moving 80% faster as I did the AXE is quite the stable flying machine.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
MMatheny

Yeah - some of us can only afford the stock equip. - but hey, it'll make us better flyers! Just don't give up!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Cyclic Hardover

On another note, I have never wanted to go electric in the fixed wing side of it all. Just don't feel like shelling out all the cash for the ground equipment. Here I am getting slowly sucked into it with the helicopters. Go figure! I feel like dragging my butt across the kitchen floor!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:31 AM
MMatheny

WooHoo - just saw my replacement heli shipped yesterday - wonder if it's possible to track this shipment (sent email asking them this) - didn't see any kind of tracking #.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 AM
strat1960s

I couldn't track mine. I'd give it 3 or 4 days.
I hope your heli work great for you. I'm still waiting to see if they got mine yet.
Ted
Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 AM
MMatheny

Hey strat1960s - just peeked at your AOL home page and don't see anything about your heli hobby there? Do you not consider this a hobby yet?!?!?!?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
strat1960s

Mike,

It goes beyond a mere hobby. My heli is life to me! I'd let my Mustang sit in the garage for three weeks with a leaking heater core and there's something going on with the front suspension too, a nasty vibration between 80 and 107 MPH. Just kidding, I think I might have lost a wheel weight. I just replaced my heater core on Sunday and since I'm off work this week to finish the trim work and paint the upstairs of my house, if I have some time, I'll see about putting my Mustang up on an alignment rack and rebalance the wheels.

To be honest the only time I get on AOL is to check my email and check out this forum. I don't bother with much else on AOL. But when I get home from having lunch with my daughter, I'll add some heli stuff to my home page.
OK?

Ted
Old 10-16-2007, 01:47 PM
dreimer

Mike,

They shipped mine out on the 13th. They said it would be here on the 20th. It's been a while since I posted, but I've had a busy week/weekend. I'm in the Navy Reserves, so that takes up one weekend a month.

After many emails, they said they replaced the heli, and put the CNC parts and PlastiBlades in the box with it. I also got my $50 rebate in the mail, so I'll be upgrading to LiPo shortly! Maybe with the extra battery power, and time, I'll get this thing to hover!

Good luck with the replacement!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 PM
MMatheny

They haven't even got my rebate on file yet!! I know I sent it in about 6 weeks ago! Talked to them and they said to send it in again, explaining why the UPC and original sales receipt isn't with it - The rebate has to reach them by Nov. 16th, so I'll wait a little bit before doing that.

BTW, when you get a replacement heli, does it come in a new box? Do the ONLY send you back what you sent in (I didn't send in my training gear or any main blades)?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:25 PM
dreimer

If I get it on the 20th as promised, I'll let everyone know what I got back. I shipped them everything I got originally with the exception of the main blades (broke). I sent it with PlastiBlades, CNC Blade Grips, CNC swash. I detailed this in a note I put in the box, and also noted that I wanted the parts shipped back.

I also sent the rebate form in the box hoping that would expedite it, and it did. The guy hand walked the form to the rebate person. He also took the UPC too. He did mention that the turn around for the rebate would be 4 to 6 weeks, so when I got it in the mail I was shocked!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:39 PM
strat1960s

Mike

I just updated my AOL AIM Page just for you.

Ted
Old 10-16-2007, 02:53 PM
MMatheny

What's that MIG doing out in the middle of the desert??
Old 10-16-2007, 02:54 PM
strat1960s

Mike,

If/When I get my heli back I'll ask it if it wants to pose for some pictures for my AIM page.

Ted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.