Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Selling Audi A4 to finance AXE Upgrades!

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Selling Audi A4 to finance AXE Upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Shadow99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling Audi A4 to finance AXE Upgrades!

OK, I've lost it now! I'm thinking of putting my Audi A4 on the market, to finance my "HELI-CRACK" addiction, haven't driven it in months anyway, costs too much to fill up.

Since nobody has taken the plunge, at least in this forum of moving to a belt driven tail, I've decided too!

It cost about the same as 3 OEM replacement tail motors, yet belt driven tail belts last for 6 months with proper maintence, and belts are CHEAP, at about $3 bucks. Don @ Freestyle Hobby used pretty much a stock AXE CP when he did the upgrade, stock motor, crap pack battery, yet tail performance is "SNAPPY," as shown by the video he made, (at night in a parking lot). The only thing that stinks is it may take 10-20 days to come from Austraila, through all that customs/security stuff.

As for now I've got a LHS hunting down another tail motor (tapped or untapped, 2nds, whatever), so I can at least fly indoors at the office, cause the weather SUCKS today, and it's supposed to be gusty tomarrow here in New England.

Rick

Old 10-27-2007, 11:30 AM
MMatheny

Default RE: Selling Audi A4 to finance AXE Upgrades!

Shadow - check the alternative Axe parts thread - people have mentioned alternative tail motors that last much longer and are much cheaper.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:12 PM
strat1960s

Rick,

Don't feel bad, I'm comtemplating selling my 65 Mustang so I can support my heli-addiction.

I'll tell you what, take a look at my AOL aimpage and make me an offer that's over 13K and I can buy my new RC Tek 450.

Ted
Old 10-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Shadow99

OK Ted, I'll trade ya, an AWD performance built 2.8 V-6 '96 AUDI A4, complete with new snow tires & rims, for your classic '65 Mustang?!
I found another tail motor at a LHS, got some Dean's Ultra connectors too. After wiring in the CC 35P I found that the Dean's Micro plugs were getting "alittle toasty," that and the 12ga wire looked ridiculous soldered to the connector (the wires were bigger than the plug itself).
Got chores to do, and it's too windy to fly here today (15-25mph gusts), those leaves aren't gonna pick themselves up!
I need a minivan to do my job better, but when I picked out the one I wanted, the upper management guys almost fell over in there chairs. Here's what I chose:

Rick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23987.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	792120   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43169.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	792121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp32868.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	792122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66066.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	792123  
Old 10-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Revo_Rash

lol I feel ya guys when I started flying heli's back in the middle of this summer I sold all of my RC NITRO cars and monster trucks to help support my addiction.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:25 AM
strat1960s

Rick,

I think I have too many hobbies is all.

Nice mini van. You gonna go driftin in it??

Ted
Old 10-30-2007, 12:17 PM
redvtr1000

Seen as everyone is pawning there goods for helis,

Ive got a 05 polaris predator with way too much money invested
a 98 VTR 1000 (on the cover of heels and wheels 08 calender...the bike not the chick)
02 Toyota tacoma (4wd)

I want a nitro bird for x-mas but "she" thinks I don't "need" another when I already have one. I am thinking about getting rid of the above stuff which ought to keep me set for oh.....a year or so. :P

Rick...Pretty cold up there yet? I'm from Springfield but migrated south a few years ago. I've been hating the cold here this week even. Trying to find a way to keep my fingers from freezing to the Tx. Gloves with the thumbs cut off maybe???

Old 10-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Shadow99

Hey Ted,
You don't "drift" a Renault ESPACE F1, they just "slip" thru the corners! Mid engine, rear wheel drive & sequencial 6 spd tranny, 205mph top end, route 90 (Mass Pike) won't be a hassle any more. I could get more work done with less drive time, (more productivity) "management lingo". It was the $ 1,000,000.00 price-tag attached to the vehicle that stunned them!
As far as, "to many hobbies?" You can NEVER have too many hobbies, but it doesn't take much to have too many EXPENSIVE hobbies, I definitely fall into that catagory.
Let's see, where do we start? Wooden Boat Builder & the Fleet (of 3), Antique Tractor Collector/Restoration (2), R/C Planes (4 left), Helicopter (AXE CP), Boats (glow, scale & sail, 6 of them), 1 4WD on-road car, 1 4WD off-road Monster Truck. The Audi A4, my Toyota Tacoma 4x4, a garage packed full of "incomplete projects," a cellar full of woodworking tools, equipment, & plans for more projects. Pretty much a "multi-tasking MANIAC!"

Redvtr1000,
Gets a little nippy at night (low 30's) not bad during the days, except for all the wind still. I used to wear some light-weight fleece gloves (no holes), when I used to fly (fixed wingers) & run the MGT in the snow during the winter months. This is NE, give it 10-15 minutes & the weather will change, 20's tonight, 70's tommarrow, rain this weekend (of course).

Rick