Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Need help diagnosing Axe CP

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Need help diagnosing Axe CP

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 09:20 PM
hatrabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help diagnosing Axe CP

Hi... here's my story: a few hours after a minor crash my tail motor bias went crazy. In mid flight I had to apply full right tail or it would spin left wildly. As I was landing I saw arcing from the tail motor area, turns out the earlier crash had pulled the wire loose at the solder connection and it was barely making contact, the arcing was at the loose connection. I soldered the wire back on but the motor didn't work at all now. On the bench with the main blades spinning slowly and the tail trim all the way right, I measured 10vdc at the motor connections, so I figured it must be a bad motor. Installed a new motor and still have the problem of the heli spinning left so much that full right tail can't even keep it straight. I assume the arcing tail wire may have screwed up the electronics, but which component? Any help much appreciated.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
rockitboy

Default RE: Need help diagnosing Axe CP

It sounds to me like its your E board. It has the gyro and speed controls in it. Probably burnt it out when the wires shorted. They go for $85 @ Tower hobbies, I could sell you one for $40. I have a bunch of spare parts for the Axe. Let me know if your interested.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:07 AM
hatrabbit

Update: I found out it was my error. I must have overheated the motor terminal when soldering, the motor cranks full speed when I squeeze the positive side with my finger. Must be very delicate, I never had this problem before. Oh well, I'll be more careful with the next motor.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Shadow99

Been there, done that. I think I was on tail motor #3, I was in a rush, forgot to reset iron temp (was set for 12ga), when I soldered it on, one touch and the heat MELTED the plastic endbell that holds the terminals, easy come easy go.
I learned that only minimal heat is required to solder on the 30ga tail motor wires. A dab of silcone over the terminals holds them on & protects from shorts.

Shadow