Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

CNC Bell-Hiller

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

CNC Bell-Hiller

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Jason 3-Danhakl
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CNC Bell-Hiller

Hello and happy new year,
I thought that current AXE owners would be interested in a Axe upgrade that is on the way.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTLM5&P=7
This is a complete conversion kit that includes all the needed hardware. More details will be posted next year! LoL
The conversion kit offers many things but the major points:
- Faster Cyclic Response
- Less un-wanted pitching in fast forward flight
- Totally adjustable mixing rate and flybar weights. (Allows a novice pilot to ease into more cyclic rate)

HeliMax line has many very exciting projects in the works for 08. Hope you guys enjoy flying them!!
Jason

Old 12-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Shadow99

Default RE: CNC Bell-Hiller

That looks interesting, anybody notice the MASSIVE flybar weights next to the paddles.
Wouldn't that dampen the reaction of the cyclic? The only difference I see is the CNC blade grips with the extension that links the flybar & the swashplate together, everything else looks stock. I'd rather NOT go with CNC blade grips, and would do the conversion using the plastic Blade CP parts, I remember seeing the post somewhere in here.

Found it:[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6214975/anchors_6214975/mpage_1/key_Bell%252DHiller%252CConversion/anchor/tm.htm#6214975]Heliko's Bell-Hiller Conversion[/link]

Shadow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55091.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	838834  
Old 01-04-2008, 11:20 PM
4200burner

Someone on here did a bell/hiller using plastic BGs. I liked his setup a lot more. $39.99 isnt bad. I am just not confident enough in my skills/luck to get CNC BGs yet.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:14 PM
jmann71

i did the bell/hillard mod using the blade cp parts. makes it much more fun to fly.

Jason

pics post in my gallery
Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Heliko

I figured Helimax would get around to a B/H conversion eventually.

Those weights on the flybar are crazy though. Even with those weights using a B/H head with the Axe's touchy stock Tx could be a recipe for disaster.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Jason 3-Danhakl
My Feedback: (10)

Just a quick update. The CNC BH kits are now in stock and you should be able to get them from your LHS.
Jason
Old 07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
DoctorS
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jason;

I've upgraded my Axe with the B/H rotor head, but I don't want to use the aluminum blade grips while I train. I've ordered several plastic blade grips to change out the aluminum ones. The problem is the plastic grips do not come with any hardware to connect the grips to the mixing ball link connector. The CPV3 manual shows the screws as #8 - Axe screw set, and it shows the connector parts as #30. The manual does not provide any detail as to what part #30 is. I've searched Tower Hobbies but to no avail.

What size screw is that, and how can I get my hands on a set of part #30 to install my plastic blade grips?

Doctor S