Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

HELIMAX AXE CP ''NEED HELP''

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

HELIMAX AXE CP ''NEED HELP''

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:06 AM
DIRTBIKE141

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELIMAX AXE CP ''NEED HELP''

im knew to the website and i have been reading up on alot of all the post that everyone leaves and i lke the way everyone puts in there input .

well anyhow i have a helimax axe cp model, im njot a pro or even good yet flying it ... lol.... i have crashed it a few times... but im having a problem i have to have the trim buttton all the way to the left and the bottom of the left control for the tail not to turn irratically? i dont know if i ghave to try and adjust it on the e-board... i try and fly it in my house were there's no wind.. and the helistill wonts top `turn counterclockwise?
?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:09 AM
jerry281
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HELIMAX AXE CP ''NEED HELP''

have you tried to adjust the gyro gain on the 3 in 1 board?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
DIRTBIKE141

thres three diffrent screws... is it the top one middle one or the third one?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:20 PM
a2j812

The top one is the LEFT/RIGHT Bias. It is used to obtain a balanced feel between left and right tail rotor inputs. The adjustment is very sensitive, so only make small changes. Turn clockwise to increase the left tail rotor bias.

The middle one is the GYRO GAIN. Turn clockwise to increase the gain. Typically too little gyro will cause he tail to slowly move around and drift. With the gyro gain too high, you will notice a very fast oscillation in the tail known as "Wag". This adjustment is not very critical so dont spend a lot of time trying to get the "best" possible setting.

The bottom one id the TAIL ROTOR TRIM. If the helicopter wants to drift one direction in a stable hover then try using this adjustment. The adjustment is very sensitive so only make small changes. Turn clockwise to add right tail rotor trim.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:32 AM
alienteabagger

Before you go mucking about with the adjustments on the 3-n-1, make sure that your heli is mechanically sound. Crashing a heli several times will knock something out of whack even if you just replace all the obviously broken bits.

Are you servos working perfectly? (no skipping or erratic movement)
Are you links all straight?
Is the tail rotor on straight?
Is the mainshaft straight?
Are your mainblades balanced?

These are some things that will make the heli fly oddly.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 AM
DIRTBIKE141

ok i checked everything and it all seem to be mechanically sound... like i said before if i dont have the trim directly under the left cyclic, all the way to the left the helicopter spins irratically? it hard to try and get ot off the ground espcially when itss doing that? then when i can get it to go up it wants to drift to the right?

what conditions can cause this other obvious things can cause this? what other thing can i check?

any help is greatly appreciated ...
Old 02-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Shadow99

How many tail blades have you broken? Or has the tail motor been stalled at all, like hung up on something? The tail motor doesn't take any overloading very well, and the 3in1 won't take any, especially on the main motor.
If you run your AXE on a smooth surface (so it can yaw with rudder input), as you throttle up (just get it light, but still on the ground), try and yaw the AXE right (against rotor torque), does it have the power to do so? Does it take alot of right input? Does it react slowly, or respond instantly? If it doesn't respond well or takes alot of right input to get the tail to swing, you could have a weak tail motor. It's not making enough RPM's to overcome the main rotor torque, a stock tail motor runs at 16,000 to 20,000 rpm at 7.8vdc, not driving the tail gear (no-load).

Shadow
Old 02-14-2008, 10:34 PM
ahile

From what perspective are you flying the helicopter. I stand behind the machine looking at the tail. Basically, viewing it from a pilots perspective. When I throttle up, the nose tends to rotate counterclockwise. I have my rudder trim (left stick) half way to the right at the beginning of the battery (LiPo) and then gradually move to full right trim and still have to add a small amount of right rudder to keep the tail straight in front of me. Upon lift off, it tends to want to move left and aft, so I conteract with right cyclic and a small amount of forward cyclic and then work at hovering in one spot. I am getting better at it and ready to add some upgrades, HS-55 servos and ball studs on the horns and adding a HH gyro and speed control. I have been flying at least one battery a night for the past three weeks. The bottom two trim pots on the machine are full clockwise. Also, have you had the wires disconnected from any of the motors, if so, did you reconnect them correctly.