Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

how to program my Futbaba with mx400

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

how to program my Futbaba with mx400

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:36 AM
rhampton
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to program my Futbaba with mx400

i have a Helimax400 and i'm having a problem programming my Futaba Radio so that My Heli will go straight up and hover smoothly....Everything else seems to be ok,, but i was fooling around with the settings not knowing what i'm doing and i think i messed it all up...i got this Heli used with the radio and it was working fine until i crashed..i replaced a lot of parts but now the heli goes to right when i lft off...the belt is tight and all seems to be well.....i just need a good program to get me started to i can start hovering again.....I'm a beginner and am not familar with those terms in the Futaba Radio...ex:........eap,,N-PI,,,,N-TH,,D' R..........so can some one please post reply and post setting for your MX400 and i will use that as my guide.....I just want to be able to hover smoothly again....so i need this heli to go up smoothly and not Jerk up like 3D setup.......

Thanks

Reggie
Old 02-08-2008, 10:00 PM
osterizer

Default RE: how to program my Futbaba with mx400

rhampton- first thing to do is stop changing things if you're not sure . Do you know what you changed?

It would help if you would please post the numbers from EPA, D/R, EXP, N-PI, and N-TH. I'm assuming you're not using the Idle Up switch while you're getting it sorted out, but either way, it will be easier to make suggestions if you can share what your current settings are. If you're having it lift off too abruptly, the answer is probably going to be in one of the above menus.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:01 AM
rhampton

Hi, thanks for the reply....yeah i really should have not touched it...My MX400 was all scwreded in many ways. Fortuanately a local Hobby shop was able to offer some Help...My Swash plate was all loose, the belt was loose, the blades werent balanced and on top of that, i screwed around with the radio settings..No wonder it didnt work...I'm a beginner and i didnt realize how much FREEKN work and little parts tools you have to buy to make a correct working heli....OMG...Soooo Frustratred......If one screw is loose it wont Fly....If the belt is loose it will drift to right or left...I mean,,Mannnn, what did i get my self into..I also have a JR. Voyager E and i havent even Flown it yet for i'm trying to get the Helimax straight first.....So as it stands the Radio is correct now.....or least i think....the EPA's are all 100% and so are my trims...i really didnt know what all them did specifically...I still dont know but maybe 1 or 2...N-TH is at 1=0% 2=25% 3=50% 4=75% and 5=100%....The others are similar..The local Hobby shop sort of corrected it for me...My goal is to get the Heli to Hover right in my living room just like i see the videos on youtube where people hover straight up and it stays there..i want to be able to accomplish this before i take it outside...If i can hover in my Living room....Not Fly it but just simply get it 3 or 4 feet off the ground and leave it there, then i'm ready for the outdoors so i want to adjust my radio so that it will go up smoothly and not Jerkish like a 3d setup..The hobby shop set it back to like default but i want to make it even more smoother so any suggestions would be great.....

Reggie
Old 02-09-2008, 09:50 AM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

man your thinking backwards if you ask me,I say wait for a calm day and take it outside where you will have more room to correct it.These things eat up a lot of real estate,by the way most of the time the heli will not stay in one spot for very long with out you having the ability to keep it there.Helis are not easy so hang in there,I still suck but I can now hover in one spot and do some flying with it but nothing to brag about
Old 02-09-2008, 10:37 AM
rhampton

well i'm definitley not going to argue with that..My thinkin was backwards but i believe there are lot's of people who try and rush based on anxiety to Fly..That was me....LOL......I got up 5:30 this morning and took apart everything and put back together..Everything is much much much tighter. WOW i sure did learn from this mistake...All the linkages are tight and the blades are even,,,but a pitch gauge....I took it outside in the front yard and WOW,,,what a night and day difference. It goes straight up and hovers really nice..My only problem now is that the Tail waggles a little and Jerky..And my throttle is very slow...I almost give it Full throttle. ALMOST........and it does not have that much power,,,is that because the guy at the hobby shop probably put my head speed at normal? Please advise....My tail seems ok..I notice the belt is a little loose..I tightend it but still wobbles...I guess i got the Front part of the Heli ok and now i have to focus on the tail...Dont get me wront it still Flies...Well i havent really Flown it yet..Just hovering it in front of my Apt....So i tightend tail and still wobbles...SO i guess i'm back to the drawing board...Maybe my increase in head speed will get rid if the wobbling????

Reggie
Old 02-09-2008, 12:32 PM
osterizer

Fantastic, Reggie, that's some real progress!

Don't try to get the tail belt too tight- it should be tight enough that with moderate pressure on one side of the belt, it won't touch the other side, as shown in the manual- and that's moderate pressure. If you get it too tight then it will put far too much drag on the heli.

The throttle curve I'd try belling up- something like 0-40-75-88-100, but you need to check the blade pitch as well- getting the heli set up without a pitch gauge and tachometer is difficult. A good starting setup has your normal mode with about -2 degrees to +9 degrees pitch, with a curve resembling 44-47-50-75-100. The idea there is to get the head speed up and keep it relatively constant. The higher head speed may also help settle down your tail.

Glad you're getting there- the first little bit is the hardest with helis .