Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

AXE CP pitch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AXE CP pitch?

OK, I gave my buddy the power analyser and he got 15 total amps with full cyclic and no tail motor plugged in? I asked him to check the pitch, he told me 14 degrees + and 13 degrees -, what the fu#%. There is no way it needs 14 & 13 degrees, that explains why he burned the 3 in 1 out in the first place. So as far as I can tell, it's over pitched and under head speed. Which brings me to the next issue that everybody is having, the up and down erratic flying this heli has, if your trying to hover and you move the stick a hair, it will move the servo to the next resiloution point which is what, 1 degree up or down. So I told him to do one of two things, either mechanically reduce the throws via the servo arms or switch to his futaba 6 channel computer radio. Once he get's that dialed into +10/-10 then retake the amp readings/watt readings to get an accurate reading for flying properly. Then switch to the brushless motor I gave him and try to set the head speed to match but a little high than normal.( I gave him 3 pinnion gears to try)
His head speed at full collective is 2100 rpm on a 11.1 lipo with stock system, if he could somehow get the pitch under control and use the brushless combo I gave him it should be a really nice heli to fly, but right now it's a expensive 3-1 burning turd. My walkera 36 with a align bl430/4100 and 11.1 lipo pulls 19 amps total. 15 amps sounds like too much pitch and too little headspeed causing it to burn 3-1 controls.
What's your thoughts?