Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe CP thrusting down instead of up...**Updatedw/video**

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CP thrusting down instead of up...**Updatedw/video**

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 12:27 PM
w00derson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CP thrusting down instead of up...**Updatedw/video**

I am an RC car guy, so I have no experience with heli's.

Anyway, my dad just bought an Axe CP last week. He stripped out a couple gears in in the servo closest to the front of the heli. He replaced it with a new one (along with some other pieces he broke). He has it all back together now, and instead of thrusting up, its pushing down towards the ground.

What would cause this?

EDIT: Here is a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7EXpgCpmFg
Old 03-23-2008, 01:22 PM
COPO

Default RE: Axe CP thrusting down instead of up...

ORIGINAL: w00derson

I am an RC car guy, so I have no experience with heli's.

Anyway, my dad just bought an Axe CP last week. He stripped out a couple gears in in the servo closest to the front of the heli. He replaced it with a new one (along with some other pieces he broke). He has it all back together now, and instead of thrusting up, its pushing down towards the ground.

What would cause this?
I assume you mean it won't lift off? I just went though this an hour ago. Changed blade grips and couldn't get it to lift up at full throttle. After doing some reading here I found that the flybar and main blades need to be level. 0 pitch. Make the flybar level by hand and site down the blades. They probably pitch down. To make them right you need to adjust the linkage that connects to the blade grips.

Check the pitch and set it to 0
Old 03-23-2008, 01:44 PM
w00derson

I'll have him read that, as I dont know what I'm talking about.

He has the training wheels on it. When you hit the throttle, you can see them actually flexing. Like you can see the training tracking flexing as the heli is pushing down toward the ground.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Shadow99

Did he install the elevator servo (front servo) in correctly?
Did he turn ON the AXE (unplug main & tail motors from 3in1 unit 1st), and allow all the servos to center themselves before installing the servo horn? The servos should be as close to level across the horn as possible when ON and the trims centered.
As the throttle/pitch increases in NORMAL MODE he should see all 3 servos move DOWN about 10 to 15 degrees, applying about 7-9 degrees positive pitch to the blades.
In IDLE-UP MODE, with the throttle at MID-STICK he should have ZERO pitch, at FULL-STICK he should 10 degrees POSITIVE pitch & the opposite at full LOW-STICK about 10 degrees NEGATIVE pitch. See Pics below: First 2 are NORMAL MODE (low & high), other 2 are in IDLE-UP (full + & full -), last 2 pics are of the proper oreintation of the front servo Left & Right sides.

Shadow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57882.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	911443   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96263.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	911444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52310.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	911445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys50538.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	911446   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc41087.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	911447   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20959.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	911448  
Old 03-23-2008, 03:42 PM
w00derson

ORIGINAL: Shadow99

Did he turn ON the AXE (unplug main & tail motors from 3in1 unit 1st), and allow all the servos to center themselves before installing the servo horn? The servos should be as close to level across the horn as possible when ON and the trims centered.
As the throttle/pitch increases in NORMAL MODE he should see all 3 servos move DOWN about 10 to 15 degrees, applying about 7-9 degrees positive pitch to the blades.
In IDLE-UP MODE, with the throttle at MID-STICK he should have ZERO pitch, at FULL-STICK he should 10 degrees POSITIVE pitch & the opposite at full LOW-STICK about 10 degrees NEGATIVE pitch. See Pics below: First 2 are NORMAL MODE (low & high), other 2 are in IDLE-UP (full + & full -), last 2 pics are of the proper oreintation of the front servo Left & Right sides.

Shadow
I printed that reply out for him. He's still trying to process what you are saying. In the meantime, here is a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7EXpgCpmFg
Old 03-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Axe CP thrusting down instead of up...**Updatedw/video**

Did he repalce the servo with the same brand and model? Some servos rotate in different directions. Doc
Old 03-23-2008, 06:31 PM
COPO

ORIGINAL: w00derson

ORIGINAL: Shadow99

Shadow
I printed that reply out for him. He's still trying to process what you are saying. In the meantime, here is a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7EXpgCpmFg
That is what mine was doing. Check the blade pitch. I set mine to 0 and is now back to lifting off the right way. Damn its so hard to control!
Old 03-23-2008, 06:38 PM
ucandoitagain

You did exactly what I did, your see saw is upside down. the part that the fly bar is going through
Old 03-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How the seesaw and pitchlink connects to the blade..
The blade grip connection to the pitchlink to the seesaw is at the -rear- of the blade.
The grip and seesaw will be installed backwards otherwise.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66152.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	911738  
Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
w00derson

Default RE: Axe CP thrusting down instead of up...**Updatedw/video**

The seesaw was in fact upside down. He's got it all working now. Thanks to everyone for their input.