Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Bell-Hiller Rotorhead Performance

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Bell-Hiller Rotorhead Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:51 PM
wbspensfan28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bell-Hiller Rotorhead Performance

Hey everybody, I noticed the post below but didnt see anybody mention how the performance was with the bell hiller setup. I just ordered one and was wondering if it's worth the money. I'd appreciate any input, thank you.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:42 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Bell-Hiller Rotorhead Performance

I too have the Bell-Hiller recently installed (tonight) and wanted to know how it performed with or without the flybar weights. Should I install them or not? I don't think I need them, but don't want to risk having an overly sensitive heli and dumping it again.

I know the guys say the BH head performs much better, but they don't say what their set up is.

Thanks...
Old 06-29-2008, 10:26 PM
nscradar

I have been flying the BH head for some time now and absolutely love it. I installed the flybar weights recently and noticed a more stable hover. Presently have the weights next to the control hub instead of the paddles. Acceleration seems much quicker that way.
A word of caution however, I have read that some pilots have experienced some difficulties with the screws and bushings in the Helimax upgrade. Extra care should be taken to secure the screws and the linkages.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:59 AM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

After reading the advice on this forum, I decided to fly the helicopter without the weights installed. As it became light the helicopter became quite squirrelly. It was bouncing from skid to skid and front to back. The amount of stick inputs was extremely small. Eventually, I managed to get the helicopter off the ground and into a somewhat stabilized hover. It was still way too sensitive for my tastes. I installed the weights and tried to fly it again for a comparison. This time it was much easier to fly, in fact just a Tad bit more sensitive than before the modification. I think for now I'll leave the weights on the fly bar until I need some extreme maneuvers.

The helicopter does seem to respond much more quickly to the inputs. If I had an aftermarket radio I could add some exponential to slow down the sensitivity at middle stick. Unfortunately, I'm still using the stock transmitter. In addition, if there was more information about using the other ball link connecting holes to either increase or decrease sensitivity we could remove the weights and use the least sensitive setting. Right now my connections are at the outermost holes on the aluminum blade grips. This is the way it came from the factory.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
GOskateFL

i just set my bell-hiller rotor head the way the instructions said to and it was much more stable.
see for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Mz8hwBC2k