Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe Cp servo problems Bell Hilller to

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe Cp servo problems Bell Hilller to

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:30 PM
gadaja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe Cp servo problems Bell Hilller to

Tried installing Bell Hiller upgade on Axe Cp. @ back servos raise ,front lowers when raising throttle from 50% w/idle up on as in set-up step 1.this is wrong per tech support All 3 raise and lower together W/cyclic. Tried 2 sets of servos w/same results (one original other HiTec). Switches on radio ok ansd set properly. Tech support no help suggestion send in for repair. Noticed alot of slop in pivot point on arm on Bell Hiller grip seems excessive for precise control and the so called detailed set-up instructions are anything but detailed. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what is wrong the servos, the 3 in 1, the transmitter or something else ??????[]
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Axe Cp servo problems Bell Hilller to

Sounds like one of your channels is reversed. Probably the aileron channel which is channel 1. Try flipping the switch on the transmitter.

Be sure and disconnect your motor before trying this. You don't want to accidently reverse your throttle channel and have the Axe go flying off on its own.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:05 AM
gadaja

Verified switches are ok. with switches reversed heli does same thing only in reverse ie. the 2 rear will lower with collective (throttle)being increased while the front one raises and as before the servos will raise and lower (all 3 the same)with the cyclic as before only in reverse with the switches in the other position. Don't understand why it works poperly with the cyclic but not with the collective???? Don't want to send to heli-max out of warrenty and have too much invested already. Have not been able to fly heli for over a month while dealing with tech support and it looks like it may be grounded for a long time to come.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check to make sure the servo are plugged into the right slot. Sound like you have them out of order. I did the same thing. I had the two plugged in wrong and got some strange movements.

Dru.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:27 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Pictures would help.

As per post #3, you need to reverse the number 2 channel from what you have set. Then, they all should go down with increased throttle (collective). With cyclic, they should go opposite of eachother.

(you have only one servo going the wrong way as per your description)
Old 05-17-2008, 10:45 AM
gadaja

The servos are plugged in properly based on info provided by tech support and verified by two other heli owners . The front servo only goes the wrong dirrection when the collective (throttle) is applied, it works properly with the cyclic, it almost seems like a programming problem with eccpm, It does the same with the Hi-tec or the original servos.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:21 PM
mikezell

Just as a point of reference all my switches are in the up/reversed position.

When increasing throttle/collective all 3 should go down.

forward stick = left and right servos up forward servo down.

left stick = left servo down, right servo up forward stationary.

sounds like the left and right servo switches need to be repositioned.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:28 PM
gadaja

Update: problem was rear servos plugged into wrong channel as suspected . when printing out the emails from tech support the page break on the printer deleted the line indicating orientation of servos as for which is left and which is right is with your nose facing the heli nose, not the pilots perspective. found this rereading emails. Thanks for all the responses. Am in the process of fine tuning, ran short hops and so far so good, heli more responsive but also more stable so far.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:36 PM
blvdbuzzard

Been there and done that. It is so easy to do it right and have a servo plugged in the wrong slot. As you go along, you will come across all sorts of little things that cause you to think. That is part of the fun with helicopters. I have yet to see a question placed on the boards not get answered. No matter what you do, some one has done it too. There was a guy who had a signature: I have crashed like that.

I was messing with a gyro and for the life of me, I could not get it to keep from spinning. It took a while to figure out I had to reverse it with the switch on the gyro ad not through the radio.

Dru.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:34 AM
gadaja

Solved one problem got bit by another. Warning to all who have installed or thinking about Bell Hiller on the Axe check post (rcuniverse)on screw that holds ball link to pivot arm backing out in flight causing a nasty crash ,it seems to be occuring more and more. On second flight after fine tuning(first full flight one was great) screw came out and kaboom. No replacement screw or bushing available from Heli-max yet , post has more info. And thanks again it was great to be airborne again if only for a short while it was fun while it lasted.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:46 PM
blvdbuzzard

I too learned the hard way that all new parts need to be inspected. I found on mine that there was no loc-tite on the screws. I put loc-tite on them and have about 10 flights with it now. Use thread locker on all screws that go into metal parts.

Dru.