Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Helimax 400 3d

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
aleandro_gonzamart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helimax 400 3d

Take a look of this beauty

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

Helimax company beats e-flite with this model

Old 10-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Missileman

Default RE: Helimax 400 3d

It will cost more as it does not come with a battery or charger/balancer but nice looking heli and I would prefer the Futaba radio over the DX6i that comes with the Blade.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUSE2&P=PR
Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 PM
cbrian4

The head design is much better than blade 400 too. And this looks like it has some quality electronics, (not crappy eflite servos)
Old 10-17-2008, 12:13 PM
hobby_man
My Feedback: (8)

the servo's in the e-flight are JUNK
Old 10-18-2008, 09:14 AM
HAMMER JR.

im new to helis i have a blade cx and the blade mcx and thinking of going bigger im looking at the blade 400 or the new heli-max axe 400 which would be better for a begginer.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Missileman

ORIGINAL: HAMMER JR.

im new to helis i have a blade cx and the blade mcx and thinking of going bigger im looking at the blade 400 or the new heli-max axe 400 which would be better for a begginer.
The Heli-max 400 is too new to get a good comparison (you would have to have people who own both or a friend owns one etc..)
Consider that the Helimax will cost about $150 or so more because you will have to buy a battery and charger seperate.
To be honest I would suggest you at least ask this question in the beginners forum. This is the Helimax forum so you may get a somewhat biased opinion here.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_165/tt.htm
Old 10-18-2008, 04:48 PM
HAMMER JR.

thanks for the reply but would like to hear from some one that owns the new axe 400,but any way i think i will try it, its a big plus with the futaba equipment and it a much better looking chopter, people ive talked to localy say heli-max is junk but i think this is cause they dont see alot of them plus there judgeing this bird off of the axe cp.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:26 PM
mediclavina

I wouldn't say Helimax is junk. But in my experience with their MX450, Helimax is not beginner-friendly. Some of the things written in the manual doesn't apply to the actual product you get. You will need some engineering skills to setup their ARF heli.

One thing I liked about Helimax is their customer support. I give it a score of A++.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:21 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

in my opinion, go with a 450 sized heli.

I tried the axe CP and blade CP, I think both have been re-incarnated into their respective 400 classes. I found it was a handful to fly, the wind messed with it terribly (by wind, I mean any breeze!), it was too big for my living room (just ask my dog)... this posed a problem, always a breeze, no addition being built for the living room, I pulled the plug on a 450 sized and haven't looked back. (MX 400, MX450, T-rex 450, etc)

this would be my opinion, you aren't going to get enough flight time with the smaller heli, therefore you will continue to suck longer, be frustrated because of it and either get out (and take a huge loss) or move up (which essentially is a loss also, because you'll scrap your 400 sized heli)... grab a sim for the winter, think it through...

there are tons of build videos for the 450 heli's, we can get you through it...

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 AM
osterizer

You shouldn't make generalizations based on the Axe or BCP. The Blade "400," for example, is a 325mm heli, which would fit your definition of a 450 sized helicopter (the TR450, stock, is 315mm), and it has an active community here.

ORIGINAL: thestratcat
in my opinion, go with a 450 sized heli.

I tried the axe CP and blade CP, I think both have been re-incarnated into their respective 400 classes. I found it was a handful to fly, the wind messed with it terribly (by wind, I mean any breeze!), it was too big for my living room (just ask my dog)... this posed a problem, always a breeze, no addition being built for the living room, I pulled the plug on a 450 sized and haven't looked back. (MX 400, MX450, T-rex 450, etc)

this would be my opinion, you aren't going to get enough flight time with the smaller heli, therefore you will continue to suck longer, be frustrated because of it and either get out (and take a huge loss) or move up (which essentially is a loss also, because you'll scrap your 400 sized heli)... grab a sim for the winter, think it through...

there are tons of build videos for the 450 heli's, we can get you through it...

Old 10-26-2008, 04:49 PM
douglas4

Well it seems from the futaba website the 3114 servos that come with the axe400 are analog only servos...? There seem to be some up and down issues with them according to some of the forums...? So safe to assume then that the gyro in the axe400 is analog gyro and not digital....? It would be wise to go for the rx ready version as you could use the dx6i rx and tx in it...add a 401 gyro and a digital tail servo, not to mention you have to buy batterys and a charger...? maybe add a CF boom and Trex skids too. What is with these companys selling rtf heli's with lower quality electronics..?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:17 AM
arstron

ORIGINAL: douglas4
What is with these companys selling rtf heli's with lower quality electronics..?
If you are just starting out, would you rather buy a $450 rtf heli, or a $600-$800 heli with better electronics? They have to cut corners some how to make it attractive.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:40 PM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that too many newbies start off on a Blade cp or Axe CP because of cost. Then when they try to fly it with no experience and crash they get on the blogs and call it crap.LOL. If I called everything I crashed when I started crap then all helicopters stink!!! There is no doubt that to have a RTF 400-450 size heli in the $400-500 dollar range it may not come with gold plated metal gear servos. But for the average intermediate flyer like me, who will never fly or attempt to fly like Curtis Youngblood and the gang , this heli appears to be a great value. I am buying one and will write my true thoughts when I fly it.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:06 AM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

I'm looking forward to seeing the Axe 400 and how it flies and how many they sell. Still, Helimax is behind the "selling curve" again with this one. The Blade 400 has been out for nearly a year and includes a charger/balancer. Plus, there are lots of 450 size helis to choose from. The real edge of the market is in small (micro) CP belt or torque tube tail driven heli's. Align is still coming out with their Trex 250, and the only other one to come to mind is the Gaui 200. If the torque tube tail for the Axe CP was out, they could bundle it with the Bell/Hiller CNC upgrade and Brushless motor and HH gyro and be a contender. Maybe they don't want the first product out, but the cheaper version of a good seller.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:29 PM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand what you are saying,but it may also be that they have heard the compliants about Eflite's Blade 400 servos and rotor head ,and decided now to come up with the better answer. I can't wait to test it and find out! If only late December was here already......
Old 11-06-2008, 10:39 AM
arstron

A friend of mine just ordered one (on backorder) from tower hobbies. I had a ad with a preview price of $439.99 plus a $60 off a $300+ order which puts the price down to $379.99, not to shabby.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:16 AM
monsterbrad

Hello guys I am new to Heli's
I am wondering if this is a craft that I could fly?
I have a blade MCX and can fly the 3d heli on my simulator as well as planes.
Do you guys think I should start off with a simple collective pitch or go with something like this one????
Old 12-07-2008, 01:32 AM
kochj

I just looked at this item online and checked into the discusion....

I have the Heli-max 400 pro. but still in the box new.... (purchased it for <100$ when closing out)

Before that I had picked up a helimax Kinetic 50 (puchased some really nice top of the line electronics) and put it all togeter...
Thought it was like the .50 Raven, but it isn't.... it is realy the .30 chentry Hawk pro.... 2-very different helicopters....
If I did it again I would have picked up the Raven century, Metal head ect.... no brainer of 20$ more????

After a frustraing time trying to start my brand new o.S .50 hyper engine, I realized that it would never start to to a Messed up
clutch/fan assembly that would rub on the frame..... Took it all apart, even ground on the plastic fan in attempt to make it fit and also true
it up (out of round, I guess all are a little bit) I ended up giving up on the whole prodject and stick the money back in to a couple 85cc gas planes....

Know I am very bright when it comes to these things (working on anything) but didn't want to have to work on a Brand new helicopter when these things should
work when new right??

I boxed it all back up, sent it back to tower and recieved FULL refund!!!! This was the only reason I could buy other things....

It is this kind of treatment that I have recieved from Towerhobbies, is why I would buy this helicopter!!!!

It may be a inferiour product, but due to there product support, I would only go through them.....

I hope that this helps you all on your desicions about this product, even though not out yet, you can be assured that it will have the support it
needs..... I don't think you would get that kind of service from your Greedy Horizon hobby...... You can decide that one...

After seeing this helicopter, I think that it is one heck of a deal!! If you have a nice radio, you only need batteries!!!!
If you are into any other kind of rc things, you will have a charger.....
Most people throw included chargers away, because they have NO OPTIONS on them.... Do you want to wait all night long to charge a battery for your helicopter that you want
to fly now?? With a included charger, you would most likely have to wait.... If you provide your own you most likely will have the opttions to charge it at a faster rate...

If I didn't have my other 400 size heli, I would pick this one up in a heart beat....

JMHO...
Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Jason 3-Danhakl
My Feedback: (10)

The AXE 400 RTF and RXR are arriving this week! Should be in the hobby shops this weekend.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:04 PM
HAMMER JR.

MINE IS ON IT WAY HEARD FROM TOWER HOBBIES TODAY THAT ITWAS I AND ON IT WAY,TOWER HOBBIES IS THE BEST,WHILE WAITING ON THE AXE 400 TO GET IN I BOUGHT THE AXE CPV3 BOUT 3WEEKS AGO BOUGHT IT FROM TOWER HOBBIES SCRATCH AND DENT SALE THIS BIRD SALES FOR 199.99 I GOT ONE FOR 112.00 AND SAID SLIGHTLY USED AND NO PROBLEMS, WHEN I GOT UPS LOOKED NEW IN BOX ,I COULD NOT TELL THAT HAD BEEN USED AT ALL,CHARGED BATT, AND DID SOME HOVERING NOT BAD BUT NEEDS GYRO,BUT SEE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT LIKE I SAID I COULD NOT TELL WHERE IT HAD BEEN USED,HAT OFF TO TOWER HOBBIES, CUST. SUPPORT IS THE BEST BYFAR. WELL MY AXE 400 SHOULD BE IN BY END OF WEEK.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:47 PM
98 c-5

MINE IS ON IT WAY HEARD FROM TOWER HOBBIES TODAY THAT ITWAS I AND ON IT WAY,TOWER HOBBIES IS THE BEST,WHILE WAITING ON THE AXE 400 TO GET IN I BOUGHT THE AXE CPV3 BOUT 3WEEKS AGO BOUGHT IT FROM TOWER HOBBIES SCRATCH AND DENT SALE THIS BIRD SALES FOR 199.99 I GOT ONE FOR 112.00 AND SAID SLIGHTLY USED AND NO PROBLEMS, WHEN I GOT UPS LOOKED NEW IN BOX ,I COULD NOT TELL THAT HAD BEEN USED AT ALL,CHARGED BATT, AND DID SOME HOVERING NOT BAD BUT NEEDS GYRO,BUT SEE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT LIKE I SAID I COULD NOT TELL WHERE IT HAD BEEN USED,HAT OFF TO TOWER HOBBIES, CUST. SUPPORT IS THE BEST BYFAR. WELL MY AXE 400 SHOULD BE IN BY END OF WEEK.
Did you get your Axe 400 yet?????
Old 12-14-2008, 11:42 PM
HAMMER JR.

YES,SRY TOOK SO LONG GET BACK ON, ITS THE BUSIEST TIME OF YEAR, IM REALY IMPRESSED NICE LOOKING BIRD, I HAVENT FLOWN IT YET WAITING FOR A BUDY TO TEST HOP IT AND IVE BEEN PLAYING WITH THE AXE CPV3 THAT I GOT WAITING ON THIS ONE,AND WANT TO TAKE MY TIME WITH IT,IVE ALREADY HAD CPV3 IN THE DIRT COUPLE OF TIMES BUT SUPRIZED ONLY MINOR DAMAGE BUT ONLY BEEN HOVERING AROUND, I WANT TO GET TO THE POINT WEAR I FEEL OK WITHOUT TRAINING GEAR BEFORE FLY THE 400 AND SHOULD BE EASIER TO FLY,WONT HAVE TO FLY TAIL AS MUCH, I DIDNT WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON A GYRO, I ONLY PAID 115.00 FOR FROM TOWERS SCRATCH N DENT
Old 12-15-2008, 08:27 PM
98 c-5

YES,SRY TOOK SO LONG GET BACK ON, ITS THE BUSIEST TIME OF YEAR, IM REALY IMPRESSED NICE LOOKING BIRD, I HAVENT FLOWN IT YET WAITING FOR A BUDY TO TEST HOP IT AND IVE BEEN PLAYING WITH THE AXE CPV3 THAT I GOT WAITING ON THIS ONE,AND WANT TO TAKE MY TIME WITH IT,IVE ALREADY HAD CPV3 IN THE DIRT COUPLE OF TIMES BUT SUPRIZED ONLY MINOR DAMAGE BUT ONLY BEEN HOVERING AROUND, I WANT TO GET TO THE POINT WEAR I FEEL OK WITHOUT TRAINING GEAR BEFORE FLY THE 400 AND SHOULD BE EASIER TO FLY,WONT HAVE TO FLY TAIL AS MUCH, I DIDNT WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON A GYRO, I ONLY PAID 115.00 FOR FROM TOWERS SCRATCH N DENT
Let me know how well it flies
Old 12-19-2008, 01:21 PM
ironbadge

I like the Axe 400 but how long would it be before they discontinue this product like they did with the MX400 series?
Old 12-20-2008, 08:03 AM
r_william

Hey Hammer Jr.,

Please turn off the caps lock!!!

TIA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.