Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe CP Re-Assembly Help.....

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CP Re-Assembly Help.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 AM
BountyHunter51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CP Re-Assembly Help.....

Many months ago I crashed my CP and tore it down to repair it. Not a major crash, but I thought that it would be a good idea to replace the mainshaft as just in case. After getting frustrated during the tear-down, I put it all in a box and 'shelved it'. My problem now is that it's been so long since I tore it down, I don't recall how it goes back together. I've got the exploded veiw in the back of the manual, but it's a bit tough for me to decipher.
Does anyone have a better or more descriptive veiw of the mainshaft assembly? I thought that it might be fun to get it going again, but I'm thinking that I'll just stick to my Trex.....
Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers! BH
Old 10-17-2008, 08:20 PM
BountyHunter51

Default RE: Axe CP Re-Assembly Help.....

After messing with this thing most of the evening, I decided I've wasted enough time on this thing and sent it for it's last ride in the back of the garbage truck.
I'll give credit to Heli-Max for their advertising, but I've learned my lesson. I'll stick to flying my Trex. Truth be told, I could have built another Trex for what I'd invested in the Axe. All of the time that I wasted bothers me more than the money.

Cheers!! BH .....and Good Luck.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:34 AM
r_william

I have the same helicopters as you.

How can you fly and maintain a Trex, but not be able to rebuild an Axe with the manufacturers documentation?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:40 AM
cptbhern

I can't help in re-assembly,but if you have not thrown it away yet,I will buy it for spare parts for my CP-L.

Let me know if you would like to do this.

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:23 AM
BountyHunter51

r william, I did managed to rebuild and fly (if can call it that) the AXE. It never flew well and (to me) was a constant source of aggravation. The Trex has been a fantastic heli and flying and maitenance has never been an issue. The placement of the bearing bushings on the main shaft were my main concern on the Axe, but I figured it out.

cptbhern, I've got alot of spare parts for this heli. Some new and some barely used. If you'd be interested in them, I can PM you with a list.

Cheers! BH