Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

trying to learn how to fly axe cp

Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 PM
poison

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default trying to learn how to fly axe cp

my axe cpv3 Itake off hover for a second or two and when it starts to go left I counter a slight bit to the right and then my axe starts to wobble what wrong? is it the way I am flying or do I need to adjust as anyone ever had a problem with there axe wobleing?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:13 AM
JEMFLYER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: trying to learn how to fly axe cp

poison,

"Wobble" is kind of a general descriptor, but I'll give you my two cents worth based on what wobble means to me.

If the three links connecting the servos to the swash are too short, the main blades will have too much positive pitch
for the rpm, the head speed.  The blades will be in a semi-stalled condition.  The heli will wobble and bobble and make
noticeable chopping noises.

If this describes your situation, the cure is to lengthen the swash to servo links.  1/2 turn makes a difference.

If by wobble you mean a vibration in the head, i.e. when you look down on the screw holding head button  you see "wobbles",
then the main shaft is probably bent.

Hope this helps.

JEM

Old 06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
motodude11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

do you mean rudder wobble or do you mean wobble as in aileron imput wobbling?
Old 06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
poison

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I believe it was that Ihad not enough head speed it was taking off at about 1/4 stick then started to wobble. I set the pitch down now it takes off at 3/4 stick with higher head speed and it real smooth now. I can hover for a minute or two but not real good yet if Iget to high I usally crash I am a beginner thow

Old 06-15-2009, 11:25 PM
ewoodcox

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have had several brand new Axe CP V3s wobble, start off smoothly, then start to wobble like the main shaft is bent.  To stop this you need to replace the o-rings in the center hub that surround the feathering spindle (assuming your main shaft is not bent ;-).  You can mess with the pitch knob and make it a little better but you pretty much have to replace the o-rings.  It's ~30 minute job, maybe a couple of hours if you have never replaced a blade grip or feathering shaft.  You will notice the old o-rings will be firm and stiff, I'm guessing old stock that dried out.  They are so hard they no longer dampen vibrations like they are supposed too so the heli starts smooth then progresses to a violent wobble....yes, it can be violent.  I doubt I will buy anymore new Axe CPV3s, if I did I would get a set of o-rings just in case.  My last one came two weeks ago with a bad wobble, new o-rings fixed it just like the first one (which took along time to figure out). 

Happy flying!

Search this Thread