Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

novus fp

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:42 PM
chuckmfnnorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default novus fp

what are your thoughts on the new novus fp? im looking for a fixed pitch heli that the local rc shop carries parts for and i only have to choose from heli-max and e-flite.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: novus fp

If the Novus FP is as stable, or more so, as the Novus CP, it should be very good.

As a long tiime heli flyer I have tried most of the electrics, finding many are overly sensitive (to feed the 3D craze), some are just right for sport flying and others are uncontrollable junk.

I recently bought the Novus CP at the LHS and am very impressed with it's stable flyability for such a tiny heli. It hovers smoothly yet responds quickly in all axis. It can accelerate away from you very quickly so flying in confined spaces is a challenge. I can easily contain it flying around in my front yard but safely won't do more than hover indoors. The FP appears to be more suited to confined spaces.

The Tower web site video illustrates it pretty accurately. The CP darts around a lot obviously to keep it from zooming away while the FP apears to be more docile and smooth.

Being impressed with the CP tempts me to buy the FP too. Parts availability from Tower and other Walkera vendors (Novus helis are rebadged Walkera) appear to be plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

Enjoy.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:46 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I just turned in a review on the FP and another author has one of the CP's, not sure where he's at with his article. I like it, surprisingly it flew well outside, nimble but a bit squirrelly inside, took some getting used to. If you could dial in a little expo it would probably be a pleasure.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:10 PM
chuckmfnnorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input, how does it fly outside? i own a lama v3 and a falcon 40 and both get picked up and tossed around by small amounts of wind.

and as for the sensitivity how sensitive is it, my falcon 40 is much more sensitive than the lama and im still trying to get used to it.

i want to make a switch to a heli that the local rc shop has part in stock for. heli-max and e-flite are the only options i have and e-flite does not have a FP heli that i know of and i am too new to the hobby in my opinion to buy a 6 channel CP heli.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

A gentle breeze is fine, gusty wind will bounce the Novus around considerably. Remember, it is very small and very light.

A fellow 3D'er flew it yesterday in fairly gusty conditions and handled it well. In one instance though a gust elevated it from eye level up to about 30 feet very quickly. He thought it flew extremely well and was pretty impressed with it.

For the more experienced pilot the upgrade Walkera transmitter is a better choice...more adjustment capabilities.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:12 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just watched the tower video, looks cool, but I need to be able to fly my 450 trex clone first...and I dont get a lot of pratice time...Rog