Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

battery problem?

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

battery problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 PM
dgerhard
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery problem?

Just got my first heli (AXE cpv3) long story short. i charged my battery the first time all lights were solid red when done it went green. pluged it in the heli and the green light inside the heli would not stay solid green and no engine, control surfaces seemed fine. after awhile of this i plugged it back in to the charger and now the charge light flashes. is this normal? any ideas?

thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: battery problem?

Your gyro didn't initialize. Did you try it a few times? If there was no motor and to tail motor, your speed controller didn't receive a zero throttle position. Its a safety feature that will not allow the motors to start until the throttle is at zero power. Otherwise, as soon as you plugged in the battery it could start up. Why? You need to experiment a bit. Remove the blades for safety while you check things out.

By your description above, your battery seems like it is fine.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:28 PM
dgerhard
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: battery problem?

i spoke with support today. seems the battery is bad. they explained that the eboard would flash if there is not enough current supplied. that would also explain why when i plug the battery into the balancer it would flash instead of solid red when charging. protection mode i think he called it. he had me check the cells terminal and the esc terminal with a mm and got

from the esc terminal 8.01v

from the charging side each terminal
2.34v
3.33v
8.02v

Some good news out of this i should beable to spin her up in a week or so when i get the replacement pack there sending me.