Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

CPv3 Questions Gyro/Receiver

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

CPv3 Questions Gyro/Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 01:10 PM
billjo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPv3 Questions Gyro/Receiver

Okay, I screwed up. I am new to this and I unplugged all the servos from the receiver without marking them during the upgrade to a Futaba 7C 2.4Ghz radio and the Futaba GY240 HH Gyro.
1. What servo plugs in where?
2. I have tried everything I can think of and can't get the Electrifly C-12 to arm, any ideas? I have read the other threads on this and have not seen any with a other than stock radio.

Thanks
Bill
Old 07-04-2009, 01:51 PM
billjo

Default RE: CPv3 Questions Gyro/Receiver

Okay, after some more research here is the servo to receiver connections I have come up with.

1. Left servo
2. Front servo
3. 3in1 throttle or ESC for Main Motor
4. Rudder (ESC for tail Motor)
5. Orange Wire
6. Right servo
All servo plugs have the black wire near the edge, red in the middle, and white or orange to the inside.

Still no luck on arming the HH Gyro ESC.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:55 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Your connections are correct. To get the ESC to arm you may need to wait until the gyro initializes. Once it is, some of the smaller ESC's require full stick movement from zero to full (throttle/rudder) to zero. Try moving the rudder full left, full right, and then full left again. You may need to wait for some beeps from the ESC.

On mine, I only need a zero throttle before it is ready. To do this, I just rotate the heli nose left which makes the gyro give a zero throttle to the tail's ESC. Carefull, after it is ready the tail motor spins up to about half power. I then move the trim to full left to kill the motor while installing the canopy.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:16 PM
billjo

Tried that, still no luck on getting the ESC to arm. I am going to pick up another one and see if maybe the one I have is bad.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:24 PM
PilotLight

Plug it directly into channel 3 and see if it operates like the main motor.

Something else I had to do was to set the end points. The gyro wasn't driving a full zero throttle signal so I set the end point at about four clicks up from zero. That's my ESC not an Electrify ESC.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:27 PM
motodude11

I got a better solution than all this 2 esc garbage. If you buy the esc from the E-flight Blade cp pro 2 you can use a HH gyro and only have to arm 1 esc! Just went to this set up and OMG it awesome!!!! JM2C have fun heli'ing boys.
Josh
Old 07-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Bashalot

ORIGINAL: motodude11

I got a better solution than all this 2 esc garbage. If you buy the esc from the E-flight Blade cp pro 2 you can use a HH gyro and only have to arm 1 esc! Just went to this set up and OMG it awesome!!!! JM2C have fun heli'ing boys.
Josh
so with this set up i dont need a second speed control? Just the blade pro esc and a HH gyro?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Bashalot

ORIGINAL: billjo

Tried that, still no luck on getting the ESC to arm. I am going to pick up another one and see if maybe the one I have is bad.

did u cut the red wire on the esc? i think it controls the BEC on your new esc. the 3in1 also has a bec so disarm the one on the new one (red/middle wire).
Old 07-06-2009, 08:19 AM
billjo

Yes, I did remove the red wire. Now I have found that the Tail motor is bad. I am picking a new one up today and will try and get it together again tonight.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Bashalot

Well keep me posted cause i just ordered a gyro, a brushless main motor and a speed control. i will be going through the same thing when the parts arrive this week. P.S. I am nearing the steady hover mode with my axe. I flew my friends micro with a hh gyro and it was somewhat easier to keep it in the air (for the few seconds im able to) but i dont want to depend on it. Its my first heli and i've heard alot of good and bad about the Axe cpv3 but i love mine.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:35 AM
billjo

Okay, I finally got the issue worked out. Here is what it was, when I installed the new tail rotor it was extremely hard to push on and apparently that damaged the tail motor. I have replaced it and the Gyro and ESC are now working great.

Next project:
Brushless Tail Rotor Motor
Brushless Main Motor

Any suggestions?

Bill
Old 07-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Bashalot

I am running a Great Planes Ammo 12-30-3850 brushless motor with a Venom 10 amp ESC. That setup is working fine for me (with futuba gy240 gyro).