Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

heli-max axe 400 gyro problem

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

heli-max axe 400 gyro problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 07:47 PM
poison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heli-max axe 400 gyro problem

I have a new heli-max 400 axe. When I turn it on the gyro moves the tail to the right as far as it will go and if you move it back and let go it goes there again you have to keep left stick in it to try to fly it you let off and it starts to spin right. Does anyone know how to center these gyros out right?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:11 AM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: heli-max axe 400 gyro problem

Alright to center everything up first unplug the gyro and plug the rudder servo directly into the gyro/rudder slot on the receiver. Next turn on the heli make sure all trims are in the center, if the servo arm is not 90 degrees to the tail boom unscrew the servo screw for the horn and pull off the horn from the servo and position it so that the horn is 90 degrees to the boom re screw the servo horn screw after it is 90 degrees to the boom. Now that the servo horn is 90 degrees to the boom have everything hooked up (linkages etc.) and make sure the tail blades have no pitch either to the right or left. If there is any pitch in the tail blades loosen the servo screws that attach it to the tail boom and move it forward or backwards on the boom until there is no pitch in it. Also when doing this make sure not to twist the servo and make sure the linkage is straight all the way back to the tail blade pitch lever. Next tighten all the screws back up. Make sure all your end point adjustments are good and no binding occurs in the tail and no strain is heard on the servo from it trying to push it further than it can go. Now unplug the rudder servo from the receiver and plug it back into the gyro and plug the gyro back into the receiver. That should do the trick if you have any other questions just post up. Hope that helps.

Josh
Old 05-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Flexnbeef
My Feedback: (9)

I'm having the same problem. Is there any way to test the gyro..I picked one up on here about a year ago and just am getting around to using it .I've tried everything you said on this thread but still no luck..I'm thinking this gyro might be junk.....
Old 05-23-2010, 10:48 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

You guys do know there's a hidden potentiometer beneath the sticker, right? I've read on here that it can be used to center up the gyro so it doesn't drift left or right. Do a search for the gyro and the hidden pot.