Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

transmitter problems with axe cx micro

Old 08-19-2009, 10:27 AM
grape

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default transmitter problems with axe cx micro

I'm in need of assistance with a huge problem that I've had with my Helimax axe cx micro since the beginning. With brand new batteries in my transmitter and my micro fully charged, I still can only get a range of about no more than 25 feet (sometimes even less, much less!) What's even stranger is that my servos will go spastic by themselves (without me doing anything to the transmitter!) As you can imagine this has caused me to crash my micro several times and I've spend a good 25-30 dollars on replacement parts. I took my heli to the store where I bought it and the owner really just didn't seem that interested in the fact that I bought a defective heli from him. All he suggested is that I package up my whole box (helicopter and all) and have it shipped to Illinois where the company is based at. What I'd like to know is if someone here (a member of this site) might be able to deduce what the problem would most likely be before I ship my whole investment off to a company that may not even send it back! I know that's probably unlikely but still if it is most likely just the transmitter then I'd much rather ship that off than my whole investment. Thanks for reading my post and ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
CarGuy7a

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: transmitter problems with axe cx micro

I woud go ahead and send it in. What would make you think that they wouldn't send you one back? How would they stay in business if they did that? If they did stuff like not send people back what they paid for they would get sued left a right and be out of business.

They may just send you a brand new heli altogether.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:58 AM
grape

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, I believe that you're probably right about me not having issues with getting my axe micro back- however, I was more concerned that they might try to not cover it under warranty only due to the fact that in the manual it did say that once the helicopter has been used (even once) that the warranty becomes void. I think to myself " How would I ever know if there was something wrong with it in the first place had I not flown it first?". The other thing that the manual said was that helimax reserves the right to not cover ANY product under warranty if they seem fit. That kinda troubled me alone right there. Maybe they are just reserving that right for a particular situation that I can't see happening I don't know, but I do know that I bought the micro about 6 weeks ago and the fact that I've not done anything about it but let it sit on my shelf might concern them.

At any rate I'm gonna go with your advise and just send it on in. I did e-mail them yesterday with my problem and I got a reply back from them telling me that most likely the problem was with either the transmitter or the receiver. Let's just hope they do cover it under warranty and like you said I might even just get a brand new heli (which would be great because at this point both upper and lower blades are broken PLUS the main rotor shaft is broken as well). I'm sure that they'll understand that the breaking of my heli was due to the transmitter/receiver problem and all will be taken care of. Thanks for the reply.

grape
Old 08-21-2009, 12:10 PM
CarGuy7a

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah just tell them straight up it broke because something was wrong with it out of the box.

I can see a heli as being a hard RC to warrant since there is alot of possible human error in the equation, but in your case it sounds like a faulty Rx Tx to me. 25 feet of range, naa you gotta radio problem, you should have at least 150ft range minimum my guess.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:04 AM
grape

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, it seems to me you'd be right about that assumption due to the fact that there is definaterly a transmitter/ and or a receiver problem. Do you think they might trip out since I've had it for close to 6 weeks now without sending it in yet? I will explain to them that I am unemployed and the very little money thsat I have had went to repairing the blades 2 times (upper and lower) plus the main rotor shaft twice! I'll be honest with them and just let them know that I hadn't sent it in for several reasons- 1st being that I had no idea what was the problem in the first place and even though I could have spent the money sending it in instead of keep replacing damaged parts I REALLY wanted to keep trying to fly my heli because like I said before I literally had to save up for like 3 months just to be able to but it. The little flight I did get out of it was so fun (untill it would crash) that I became addicted to it and didn't want to part with it especially not knowing how long it would be gone for if I shipped it to them! hEHE, I'm sure u understand the joy of flying your first REAL r/c helicopter that's actually a 4 channel (unlike an airhogs)..... I am also a severe procrastinator and that's something that has really affected my life believe it or not..... But like I said I am taking your advise and sending it on in and even though it may be gone for a couple weeks (maybe less, and I hope not more!) it'll give me something to really look forward to!

I just have to say that flying those things for me are just a total blast and even though I'm pretty much a beginner I am for some reason totally fascinated with ALL of the aspects of the flight characteristics of a helicopter! Hehe, not to get off subject too much but when I was a kid and born in Va. there was this really cool train museum that had all kinds of old timey trains that you could go inside and well the one thing at that whole exhibit that I think started me being fascinated with helis is the had an actual pedal helicopter on display there! Yeah, it was the craziest thing I had ever seen at that age ( I must have been about 6 or 7).... From what I remember it seemed to be mostly wooden and looked very old (like something The Wright Brothers had made or maybe even older than that!) Well it was strange because it wasn't totally closed off to the public! It was in it's own little port and all that stood between onlookers and the pedal heli was one of those of those line aisles (like the type you see in every movie theater that keeps people from walking past without showing their ticket stub).... ANYWAYS, here's the funny part. My brother and I were menaces at that age and I mean literal menaces. My older brother actually crossed over that line and sat in that antique helicopter and started pedaling the pedal helicopter! I couldn't believe it because the rotor blades started to spin pretty darn fast and no one was looking but me and I was scared that we were gonna get into some serios trouble! Hehe, when my parents had started looking for us so we could leave they saw me looking in to that exhibit and they saw my brother pedaling that thing at full speed (or so it seemed). My dad about had a heart attack and quickly grabbed my brother off of that heli and was soooooo emberassed even though nobody there saw us! Hehe, ever since that day I've really been into helis and I even tried to make plans to build one of my own but I was just a kid and I know that even at this day and age there really hasn't ever been a successful flight with a pedal heli (other than maybe getting it off the ground maybe a foot or two and even then they needed an olympic bicycle rider to pull it off......

I just thought I'd share that with some of you if you liked the story and even though it's not axe micro related it's a cool story..... I do apologize for slightly swaying off the topic just a tad but to me it's still hilarious even 30 years later! That train museum was in my hometown of Roanoke, Va., but I don't know if it's still there or not.

Thanks for your help on my axe micro issues and like I said I'm a shipping it off and going to patiently wait for hopefully some good news Well take care all and have a great day.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
CarGuy7a

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah helis can really take your patience for a ride. I got my CPV3 and within the first 2 flights pretty much totalled it. I had to wait at least a week or 2 for parts and also trying to figure out what I needed. Then I finally caved and bought a Real Flight G4 sim and let the heli sit another 3 weeks until I learned how to fly on it and then picked it up again. The biggest thing was the confidence boost I got from it.

I remember the first flight after the sim being able to hold a good 3 minute hover and I felt like a kid in a candy store. I DID IT I DID IT LOL!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:30 AM
grape

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, that sim u were talking about is the same one I practiced on. Isn't it amazing how they got the flight characteristics and physics down perfectly? They did this to each and individual plane or heli and I swear that my axe cx micro flew EXACTLYlike it did on the sim! Can u imagine the amount of programming thy pu into making that sim? I mean my axe micro will fall apart in mid air if too much stress is put on it (especially if you increase the wind) and it did the exact same thing in the sim! What's weird id I was actually able to get the axe cx micro to do a backflip on the sim once without it breaking in the air! Of cours the other 5 or 6 times it broke in mid air but it makes me wonder if you can really pull this off with a real axe micro...????? I'll never try it of course since you know I'm having enough probs as is lol.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:26 AM
grape

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yay! I sent my defective cx micro off a week ago and just got a brand new one!  I think that Car Guy was the one telling me that's what they'd probably do, and Car Guy was right.  It works just fine infact it flies nothing at all like the last one did.  Very cool!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:54 AM
CarGuy7a

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: grape

Yay! I sent my defective cx micro off a week ago and just got a brand new one! I think that Car Guy was the one telling me that's what they'd probably do, and Car Guy was right. It works just fine infact it flies nothing at all like the last one did. Very cool!
That's good business IMO. Great customer service. Glad to hear you are back up and running again.[8D]

Which reminds me I need to get the Axe CPV3 out and fly again. I haven't touched it in about a month. Been too darn windy.