Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Novus CX

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 PM
BAPBill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novus CX

I'm new to the forum but notnew to RC. This is my first heli. I'm mostly into 1/10 scale gas truck and cars. I bought a CX after Christmas. I thought I did adequate research,I checked reviews from several locations and thought it was ok. It seemed to be faster than any of the others and a rebate was offered. Also it had 2.4 ghz (which does not bind with other brands as I hoped) It flew great for approximately 30 flights and all of a sudden it would lose power after about 2 minutes. A fresh battery pack made no difference. I then did further research and found that this is the same as a Walkera Lama2 which has had numerous problems with the boards and motors. I called Heli-Max customer service and they are sending me a new 5 in 1 E-board.They did not hesitate a minute.Sure hope this fixes the problem. This birdlooks great and fliesgreat when it flies.
IfI had known, I would have gone another route.
thanks for allowing me to vent,
Bill
lewis
Old 01-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Sasquatchin

Default RE: Novus CX

Ihad the same issue with my CX. Isent it into heli max, and they sent me an entire new kit (everything..heli, transmitter, battery, charger, etc). Ihave not had an issue with the new one
Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 PM
BAPBill

Just an update. I received my new board yesterday. It appears to be an updated unit. The rear where the 2 halves are joined has a plug. The plug pins need to be trimmed off or the board will not fit as the plug makes it too wide. Also whenI plugged in the motors ,(I had marked the connectors) the heli would spin wildly when throttled up.
Icalled Heli-Max and the said to send it in. I experimented a little and decided to swap the motor connectors. The board performed properly. The new boards connectors are reversed. After all this, the problem was still there. I decided it was the motors and will pick them up tomorrow at my LHS.
Just wanted to give a heads-up to anyone who has experienced this concern.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:16 AM
dans270

To all with problems with the CX, sorry to say  but these heli's are junk, at least the eboards are. I bought one in Dec. 09 and my hobby shop has switched out 4 of these heli's., all diagnosed with bad eboards. I have a great hobby shop, I told them that I don't want another one, they gave me full credit for the CX and parts so I ordered a Eflite Blade MSR from them. Oh, I also have a Blade CMX and haven't had a single issue with it, what a neat heli I highly recommend one.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 PM
FoamyVictim

I had basically the same issues, but mine lasted allot longer the first time. I sent it into Helimax, and they've repaired it. I'm still waiting for it; should get here in a couple days. In the process, I wound up with a Blade McX. It flies much easier, but I'm a little tired of it. It's so slow, it's a little boring compared to my Novus. One thing though, it's proven more reliable. So if you just got into micro helis, and never flew before, I have to suggest the Blade first.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:41 PM
BAPBill

I installed my new motors and all is well. when I first got the CX I flew it  just one battery pack after another. I since learned with a small brushed motor you should allow it to cool off a while before flying again. This, coupled with the installation of heatsinks  (these were home made)I will see how this works out. After about 30 flights all is ok.
If anyone want to know the procedure I will include the link
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/Heat_Sink.html