Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe CP Flight Issues

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CP Flight Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:32 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CP Flight Issues

Hi all, I need help from someone who owns both a decent 450-size heli and an Axe CP. This is because I need someone who knows the difference between how a 450 flies and how an Axe CP flies. I have a belt-modded Axe CP and I've noticed that it is especially unstable in flight. It gets thrown around by light winds pretty easily, and it has trouble keeping its nose down in forward flight. Do others experience this with their Axe? - is this pretty common? - or should I start trouble shooting servos and rotor head performance? Also, would a T-Rex 250 head fit on the Axe CP's main rotor shaft? The reason I ask these questions is because when I take out my 450 heli, it flies great, and I keep comparing my Axe CP's performance to it, which is pretty disappointing. I can barely keep that thing in the air. I can maintain an inverted hover on my 450, so I know it's not a lack of flying skills on my end.

If you have any kind of advice, I'll welcome it, thanks.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:51 PM
CarGuy7a

Default RE: Axe CP Flight Issues

Mine is a stock CPV3 with a HH gyro and it flies similar to your description. Sometimes it seems tail heavy and doesn't want to keep the nose down I've just gotten used to it I guess. Mine will also drift around with a light wind and seems to do better when I flip the idle up switch, but sometimes the wind can even overpower the idle up. They are a pretty light heli so that's probably the reason why.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:51 PM
dragus359

Ah, I see.  I never thought of using idle up to stabilize it in forward flight.  Thanks for the tip.  I wish there were another way though, because idle up flight drains the batteries much quicker than normal flight :-(
Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 PM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: dragus359

Ah, I see. I never thought of using idle up to stabilize it in forward flight. Thanks for the tip. I wish there were another way though, because idle up flight drains the batteries much quicker than normal flight :-(
Yeah no doubt to that. It'll kill the flight times. You can also play with the pitch knob on the Tx if you still are running the stock radio. If you turn it towards the negative - side, it'll slightly give you a little more head speed. I usually run mine in the 50/50 position and as the battery starts draining down near the end of the flight, I'll turn the knob negative.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:05 PM
dragus359

Sadly, I have the 1st version of the Axe CP, so I was not blessed with the "adjustable" controller.  I guess I could always just mechanically move the neutral point to more negative, to increase the head speed.  That might mess up the idle up mode, but it's not like I use it much on this heli anyway...