Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Novus 125 CP vs Walkera 4G6 ...

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Novus 125 CP vs Walkera 4G6 ...

Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 AM
dchin62973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novus 125 CP vs Walkera 4G6 ...

Does anyone know if both of these helis are the same ? They appear to be exactly the same. So, who cloned who first. It appears that the price of both helis are about the same.

[8D]
Old 05-20-2010, 03:34 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Novus 125 CP vs Walkera 4G6 ...

Walkera manufactures the Helimax models that appear to be based on older designs. they are basically rebadged Walkera designs.
But because the HeliMax is carried by Horizon Hobbies which is a big importer of Hobby related things, many hobby shops sell them and stock parts for them. So the Helimax isn't bad in that respect. Usually you have to order your parts online for the Walkera's.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Ragnarok

ORIGINAL: dchin62973

Does anyone know if both of these helis are the same ? They appear to be exactly the same. So, who cloned who first. It appears that the price of both helis are about the same.

[8D]
Iagree. It is helping because I want to be able to upgrade the Novus if I break anything to as much aluminum CNCparts over the high-impact plastic. Especially the swash.

Better landing struts and battery tray would be ireal as well.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:19 PM
raffter

The main diffrence that I can see is that the walkera has a motor for the tail. where as the novus is a shaft with gears. Other than that they are the same.
I don/t know about the transmitter. The novus has a 2.4ghz heli max 2064tx. I can,t get expo to work though. I would also like to decrease the pitch at 0
throttle. it must be set to full neg at low stick. That is why I keep breaking the landing gear. Now frist thing I do is add extra support to the struts.