Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

cpv3 questions

Old 08-23-2010, 04:09 PM
mmk1234

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default cpv3 questions

hey all im new to the heli world. ive been flying r/c airplanes for about 15 years but quickly found that i dont know much about helis. i have the axe cpv3 and have read that if you replace the swash plate and rotor head insead of the plastic parts it will increse the stability. i was wondering if there is any truth to it or if its just to get you st spend more money and if its worth it for a beginner

thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 04:37 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: cpv3 questions

In my humble opinion, beginners should avoid getting metal parts for their rotor heads and tail assemblies. I don't know how much of a difference they would make for the CP v3 in as far as stability (typically you want a larger rotor span and a higher head speed for an increase in stability). I use metal parts mainly to ensure a greater level of structural integrity in the head so as to prevent it from blowing up under stress, but I fly the Axe 400, and it has a higher head speed. The main reason I advise against metal parts for beginners is because they are expensive, and after repeated abuse, they cost much more than plastic parts. In a crash, something's gotta give; if it's not your metal parts, it'll be something else. Additionally, repeated crashes will warp your metal parts and cause them to be brittle and misshapen. You don't want that in your rotor head. If you're still learning, get a bunch of plastic replacement parts and keep practicing until you feel confident. When your crashes are few and far between, then it's alright to try out metal parts. I hear that they also help with precision, but I've never been able to see much of a difference in my heli when I went from plastic to metal. Anyway, this is just what I think. Someone else may have a good reason to get metal parts though

Old 08-23-2010, 04:55 PM
mmk1234

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yea thats kinda what i was thinking thanks
Old 08-27-2010, 07:11 PM
jvanb801

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Anyone, Has anyone had any problems with the Heli-Max AXE CPV3 E-Board, My Brother is having all kinds of problems with them burning out, and at the cost of $85.00 it is a JOKE to try and keep this PIECE OF ____  in the air, Does anyone have any suggestions ?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've heard of the e-board being a problem.  Search the forums for either a belt-drive conversion or a brushless conversion.  Those are both very good solutions to the e-board and motor burn out issues.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:19 PM
jvanb801

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks dragus359,  When it was new on the first flight the tail motor burned out when he got it back from the manufacturer on the second flight the E-Board burned out , so he bought another one and it burned out also, What a *****!!!, I told him to through it in the ____ Garbage, Piece of ____!!!,  Anyway , Thanks for the advice,